为您找到与想了解美国的生活的英文相关的共200个结果:
美国,被称为超级大国,一个发达国家,究竟美国的现代生活方式与我们目前的生活方式有多大的区别呢,今天读文网小编在这里为大家介绍美国人的现代生活方式,欢迎大家阅读!
In Japanese society, where consumerism has become almost a national obsession, an increasing number of people are opting away from materialism and embracing a minimalist lifestyle, which they claim provides them with enormous freedom.
在消费主义几乎成为国民强迫症的日本社会,越来越多人选择远离物质主义,拥抱极简主义的生活方式,他们表示这使得自己获得了极大的自由。
Fumio Sasaki has just 20 items of clothing in his closet, with an electric toothbrush and a vacuum cleaner among the possessions in his tiny apartment. His apartment, measuring 20 sq. meters (215 sq. feet), has no trace of everyday things, such as chairs, a desk or even a bed.
佐佐木文雄的衣橱里只有20件衣物,在他极小的公寓里,还有一把电动牙刷和一个吸尘器。他的20平米的公寓,没有椅子、桌子,甚至没有床。
"I don't need them. I have the essentials," he told EFE.
他接受EFE采访时表示:“我不需要这些。我已经有了必需品,”。
Two years ago, Fumio began practicing a life philosophy that calls on people to do away with material possessions and get richer through their experiences, a lifestyle that is attracting an increasing number of people in Japan.
两年前,佐佐木文雄开始实践一种生活哲学:他号召人们远离物质财产,通过生活经历而丰富自己,这种生活方式正在吸引着越来越多的日本人。
Books, clothing and furniture have disappeared from his house. At the age of 36, he does not need to worry about arranging his things in order, or comparing his possessions to those of others.
书籍、衣物和家具都从他的家里消失了。36岁的他不需要考虑如何整理他的物品,或者把自己的所有物和别人的作比较。
"I was deeply affected by the freedom this lifestyle offers you," the publishing house employee in Tokyo, one of the world's most fast-paced cities, said.
在东京这个世界上节奏最快的城市的一家出版社工作的佐佐木文雄说:“我受到这种生活方式所赋予自由很深的影响,”
"There is a certain freedom when all you need to put are 15 things in your backpack," he said, referring to the "extreme minimalism" of American Andrew Hyde, who one day decided to sell all his possessions (except 15 objects) and tour 42 countries.
“当你的背包只需要15件物品的时候,你随之获得了一种自由,”他指的是美国的安德鲁·海德提出的“极致极简主义”,有一天,他决定卖掉自己所有的财产(除了15件物品)并巡游42个国家。
Motivated by Hyde's ideas, Fumio has a backpack in which he carries a MacBook Air, Wi-Fi cell phone, Kindle e-reader, a book and a battery charger, as well as socks and some underwear.
受到海德思想的触动,佐佐文木雄的背包里只带有着一个MacBook Air,Wi-Fi手机,Kindle电子书阅读器,一本书和一个充电宝,还有袜子和内裤。
"With just this many things, I can work anywhere, I have sufficient entertainment and I can travel any time I want," he said.
他说:“拥有这些东西,我可以在任何地方工作,有充足的娱乐,想何时旅游就何时旅游,”
While Fumio's approach to minimalism borders on extreme austerity, he says that each person has his own idea of minimalism and "it is not just about having few things in your house, it is about feeling that what you have is absolutely essential for you."
虽然佐佐文木雄的极简主义临近了简朴的极限,但是他表示,每个人都对极简主义有自己的理解,而且“这不是说你的家里有多么少的物品,而是一种感觉,你拥有了对你来说完全基本的东西。”
Fumio has written a book on his philosophy of life, titled "For Us Material Things Are No Longer Necessary," which has already sold more than 150,000 copies in Japan.
佐佐文木雄写了一本关于其生活哲学的书,名为《对我们而言,物质已不再必需》,该书在日本已经卖出超过15万册。
浏览量:2
下载量:0
时间:
下面是读文网小编整理的美国人的生活习俗,欢迎大家阅读!
西方国家人民在传统上有一套繁琐的见面礼节,从握手、问候到互相介绍都有约定俗成的习惯。相形之下,美国人在人与人间的交往上就比较随便。在美国,朋友之间通常是熟不拘礼地招呼一声“哈罗”,哪怕两个人是第一次见面,也不一定握手,只要笑一笑,打个招呼就行了,还可直呼对方的名字,以示亲热。但在正式场合下,人们就要讲究礼节了。握手是最普通的见面礼。在美国,握手时,男女之间由女方先伸手。男子握女子的手不可太紧,如果对方无握手之意,男子就只能点头鞠躬致意。长幼之间,年长的先伸手;上下级之间,上级先伸手;宾主之间,则由主人先伸手。
握手时应注视对方,并掐下手套。如果因故来不及脱掉手套,须向对方说明原因并表示歉意。还应注意人多时不可交叉握手,女性彼此见面时可不握手。同握手的先后顺序一样,介绍两人认识时,要先把男子介绍给女子,先把年轻的介绍给年长的,先把职位低的介绍给职位高的。
浏览量:2
下载量:0
时间:
美国人的生活方式,很多人喜欢吃肯德基、麦当劳,喝可口可乐、看NBA篮球比赛和好莱坞电影,可是有多少人真正了解美国普通百姓的生活呢?下面就请跟随我来感受一下美国人最真实的日常生活吧。
到美国后,最好就去当地图书馆办图书卡(所有的图书馆全部免费),首先将申请表格填好,交给图书馆负责人,然后出示证件,几分钟后收到一大一小的两张图书馆卡,大的用来放在皮夹里,小的则可挂在钥匙圈上。要借书时,把卡一刷,再把书的UPC码刷一次,打印机便会打出一张小纸条,写明你几月几日借了哪一本书,最晚还书日期是什么。多数书的最长出借时间为两个星期,当我们在旅行的时候想要借旅行指南方面的书,向图书管理员讲明情况,可以超过4个星期。过了最晚还书日期,是要罚款的。
在去图书馆前,我都登录网站查询,是否有藏书,在哪个位置。有些时候想要看的书已经被人借走,就在网站上登录排队,书一回来,图书馆就会来信告知。我经常借电影和有声读物来看,周星驰的《功夫》,巩俐的《周渔的火车》都可以借到。还可以在图书馆上网(免费),图书馆的网速很快。有些时候就在里面闲逛,看看时装杂志和食谱也乐在其中。但是我们这个地区的图书馆没有中文书籍,有些大城市纽约、芝加哥的图书馆就有很多中文书籍,值得骄傲的是美国国会图书馆的馆长还是我们华人呢。
美国的图书馆主要分为州立图书馆和大学图书馆。图书馆的建筑都不错,每个大城市都有个中央图书馆,而这些图书馆都属一个系统,在这个图书馆借的书可以到那个图书馆还。州立图书馆员都经过专门训练,在美国,当个图书馆员必须有图书馆学硕士学位,只有如此才有能力帮助顾客。走进美国很多社区公共图书馆的大门,都可以看到一块“大匾”上铸着钢铁大王卡内基的名字。从1886年到1919年,卡内基共捐助了5600万美元(当时价格),在全美1400个社区建立了2000个图书馆,其中绝大多数是公共图书馆。微软创始人比尔?盖茨也对美国公共图书馆事业慷慨解囊。1997年盖茨和夫人一起设立了“盖茨图书馆基金”,该基金用于低收入地区公共图书馆添置计算机和网络设备以及图书馆管理人员计算机知识的培训。
虽然图书馆里的书很多,但是要看很流行的书就要去书店。美国有很多书店,其中巴诺是美国也是全球最大的连锁书店企业,巴诺的分店遍布全美49个州。这个书店已有整整130年的历史,每年营业额达50亿美元左右。书店非常宽敞,还有很多舒适的位置,看多久都没有人来催你。
浏览量:2
下载量:0
时间:
下面是读文网小编整理的美国人的生活习惯,欢迎大家阅读!
一般我买东西,都比较的贪,也好大。常常是,买了一大堆,却又吃不完,完了完了还都得扔掉,这个浪费。可在超市买的时候,却收不住手,总想着,这个也能用上那个也适合。冰箱里的食物,总是吃不完,就算我只买了两天的东西,还是能吃上个三五天。
有一回,家里买了一堆肉啊鱼啊啥的,可一下子做不完也忘了放上层冷冻柜。美国朋友来家里,她渴了我让她自己去冰箱拿饮料喝,就被她看见家里的肉和鱼。她问我“你这些东西都放多久了?”我“才三天不到。”她二话没说又给我全扔了,我急了“你怎么跟我这么浪费哪?”“肉食类的超过四小时不吃就要冷冻,不然就会生变异的东西,而你肉眼看不到……”我没功夫和她磨牙,可我心疼我那些吃食,那可全是买来防饥的啊!
由此,又得出一条结论:美国人,不仅仅讲究生活质量,同时,他们也很讲究环境卫生及健康饮食。用我的观点来论述为:怕死。可美国朋友听了却说:这是常识。
浏览量:2
下载量:0
时间:
佐治亚州(Georgia,简称GA),又译乔治亚州,美国东南部7个州之一。北界田纳西州和北卡罗来纳州,南邻佛罗里达州,东北与南卡罗来纳州接壤,东南临大西洋,西毗亚拉巴马州。其面积152488平方公里,人口969万。首府亚特兰大。
別名「桃州」 (Peach State) 的喬治亞建於1733年,它是最初的13州之一。為紀念英王喬治二世 (England's King George II) ,遂以其名號為該州命名。內戰 (Civil War) 時,亞特蘭大 (Atlanta) 一役是南方各州戰敗的轉捩點。時至今日,於1868年成為喬治亞首府的亞特蘭大是一座興盛的城市,有重要的國家企業,亦可視為美國東南部的經濟和文化中心。喬治亞的州花是奇羅基玫瑰。
Known today as the "Peach State," Georgia, founded in 1733, is one of the original 13 states. It was named in honor of England's King George II. During the Civil War, the fall of Atlanta was a crucial turning point in the defeat of the South. Today, Atlanta, which became Georgia's capital in 1868, is a thriving city with major national corporations, and it is considered the economic and cultural center of the Southeast. The state flower is the Cherokee rose.
內戰時,亞特蘭大扮演了一個舉足輕重的角色,您知道它的重要性在那裡嗎
原名Terminus的亞特蘭大是建於1837年,它是喬治亞西北方的鐵路中心,到了1852年時,它的居住人口已達3,000人,而其中500人為奴隸;因為它的 地理位置及商業的重要性,內戰時,亞特蘭大被用來當作南部邦聯軍隊的行動指揮中心和補給路線,因而它也成為北部聯盟軍隊的首要攻擊目標;雪曼將軍 (General William Tecumseh Sherman) 及他的軍隊於1864年佔領這座城市,為了要動搖邦聯軍隊組織, 北部聯盟軍隊在離開時將亞特蘭大燒成平地,您認為焚燒城市是一種極端行為嗎?
現在的亞特蘭大是喬治亞的首府,以健全的經濟發展及馬丁路德金恩博士 (Martin Luther King Jr) 的誕生地而聞名於世。
Atlanta played an important role during the Civil War. Do you know what it was?
Founded in 1837 as a railway center for northwestern Georgia, Atlanta's original name was "Terminus." By 1852, its population had reached 3,000, including some 500 slaves. Because of its location and commercial importance, Atlanta was used as a center for military operations and as a supply route by the Confederate army during the Civil War. Therefore, it also became a target for the Union army. General William Tecumseh Sherman and his troops captured the city in 1864. In order to weaken the Confederate military organization, Union troops burned Atlanta to the ground before they moved on. Do you think that burning the city was an extreme action?
Today, Atlanta is the capital of Georgia. It is known for its robust economy and as the birthplace of Martin Luther King Jr.
浏览量:2
下载量:0
时间:
大学生活是指读大学期间的生活,大学是知识的海洋。这里有浩瀚的图书资料和先进的仪器设备,能使大学生接触广博的知识,培养必要的专业技能。那么,你知道大学生活的英文单词怎么写吗?
运动和娱乐活动一直是大学生活的一部分。
Sport and recreation have always been part of university life.
我们希望大学生活有助於他扩展兴趣爱好。
We hope college life will help him to spread his wings a bit.
大学生活的英文单词
这本书是为大学生编的。
The book is intended for college student.
如今咱们山村也有了自己的大学生。
Now our mountain village has its own college students.
汤姆在世界大学生运动会上获得了三块银牌。
Tom carried off three silver medals in World University Games.
大学生大部分在校住宿。
Most college students are boarders.
你们已经在哈佛做了四年的大学生,而我当哈佛校长还不到一年。
You have been undergraduates for four years. I have been president for not quiteone.
尽管这个IDE是为大学生设计的,但它的快速开发功能对所有级别的开发者都是有用的。
Although the IDE is designed for undergraduates, it is quickly developing featuresthat can be useful to developers at all levels.
这些学校有些是私立的,为学生提供灵活的课程安排,这里的学生可能是在职的,甚至还是在校大学生。
Some of these schools are private and offer a flexible schedule for students whomay be working or are even in school at university.
一名大学生长的不好看。
An undergraduate was not good looking
经历了太多的危机,也厌倦了受到与其他大学生相同的对待之后,有一天我给家里打了个电话,就我独有的问题寻求安慰和理解。
One day, after facing one crisis too many and tired of being treated like justanother undergraduate, I phoned home for some consolation and understandingof my unique problems.
绝大多数的小组由研究生和教职人员组成,但是也有些大学生加入其中。
Most of these groups consist of graduate students and faculty, but someundergraduates join as well.
书上总是说,业务部门需要受过普通教育的大学生,但是看来没有一位对我进行过面试的人事官员读过这些书。
The books all say that industry needs college people with a general education,but none of the personnel officers who interviewed me seemed to have readthose books.
教授大学生课程的教师可以达到他们想要达到的深度,而教授研究生课程的教师则可以从中间部分开始。
Teachers of undergraduate courses can go as deep as they want, while teachersof graduate courses can simply start in the middle.
我不仅是一个大学生,我同时也是那个可以帮他在整个计算机系中发声的扩音器。
I was not just one college kid, I was an amplifier for him throughout the wholecomputer science department.
为了撰写本文,我曾采访过数十名女大学生,她们都认为,未来很可能是自己外出工作,丈夫呆在家里,要么在找工作,要么在照看孩子。
Dozens of college women I interviewed for this story assumed that they very wellmight be the ones working while their husbands stayed at home, either looking forwork or minding the children.
我第一次来到中国和北京大学是在1981年的夏天,那时,我还是一名学习普通话的大学生。
I first came to China, and to Peking University, in the summer of 1981 as a college student studying Mandarin.
本期节目会为大家介绍英国大学生是如何度过他们的课余时间,他们的学习强度和生活情况。
Find out how students spend their free time, how much they study and what life is like for them.
据我所知四六级考试对于中国大学生来说十分重要,过还是不过对他们的未来影响深远,而且很多情况下通过这项考试是未来就业的基本前提。
As far as I know, these two tests are extremely important for the students, andpass them or not would greatly influence their future. In many cases, this is thevery premise of job hunting.
如果你是一个高中生或大学生,笔记本将会是一个非常有用的硬件装备。
If you are a student in high school or college, a laptop can be a veryuseful pieceof hardware.
在53年之后,一封写于1958年的情书终于即将到达收信人的手中。 那时他是一名美国大学生,而写信人是他的女友,不久成为了他的妻子。
A love letter to a US college student from the girlfriend who was to become hiswife is finally on its way to him - 53 years after it was written in 1958.
今天,这所2007年确认其第一名外国学生的大学,有250海外大学生,其中四分之一来自中国。
Today the university which admitted its first foreign student in 2007 has 250overseas undergraduates a quarter of whom are from China.
他们完全忘记了自己作为大学生的使命和祖国对他们的厚望。
They forget completely about their mission as college students and the hope oftheir motherland.
浏览量:2
下载量:0
时间:
每个人都会希望能够过上美好的生活,然而什么样的生活菜称得上美好呢,今天读文网小编在这里为大家一些表达美好生活的英文句子,欢迎大家阅读!
很多我们以为一辈子都不会忘记的事情,就在我们念念不忘的日子里,被我们遗忘了。
Many think we'll never forget the things, as we remember days, we were forgotten.
生活是一杯清水,你放一点糖它就甜;放一点盐它就咸!
Life is a cup of water, you put a little sugar, it is sweet; put a little salt it is salty!
美好的人,并不是那么难遇到。难遇到的,是美好而且深爱我们的人。
Good people, not so hard to meet. Difficult to meet, is a beautiful and deeply love our people.
每当我看天的时候我就不喜欢再说话,每当我说话的时候我却不敢再看天。
Whenever I look at the day I do not like to speak, when I speak, I do not dare to look at the day.
挫折经历的太少,所以才把一些琐碎的小事看得很重要。
It's too little, so it's important to look at the little things.
生活的原貌是五彩缤纷的,赤橙黄绿青蓝紫是并存的。
The original of life is a riot of colours, red orange yellow green blue purple coexist.
人总是那样感性、值得怀念的太多、思念永远不会停止、曾经的美好、如今的陌生、未来的谈然。
People are always so sentimental, it is worth remembering too much, missing will never stop, once beautiful, today's strange, the future of talk about it.
在这个纷绕的世俗世界里,能够学会用一颗平常的心往对待四周的一切,也是一种境界。
In the secular world, can learn to use a normal heart to treat all around, is also a kind of realm.
如果有一天我们不在一起了,也要像在一起一样。
If one day we are not together, but also like the same.
明天的成就将会超过今天的作为。改进永远来自于检查与反思。每个人都应该一天比一天明智。
Tomorrow's achievements will be more than today's. Improvement will always come from the examination and reflection. Every man should be wise a day.
浏览量:2
下载量:0
时间:
利坚合众国简称美国,它的英文也是有简写的,就算我们不知道它的全称其缩写也不会忘记。以下是读文网小编给大家带来美国的英文缩写,以供参阅。
1. The people of the U.S.A. have a high standard of living.
美国人民的生活水平很高.
2. The United States of America is commonly abbreviated to U.S.A..
美利坚合众国常被缩略为U. S. A..
3. The U.S.A. has assimilated people from many European countries.
美国同化了许多来自欧洲国家的移民.
4. Mexico is to the south of the U.S.A..
墨西哥在美国之南.
5. "This is Hollywood, U.S.A., where they make all the movies, remember." — "What of it?"
“记住,这是美国的好莱坞,所有那些影片都是在这里制作的。”——“那又如何?”
6. The reserve is called out in the U.S.A. when the Gulf War is impending.
海湾战争即将爆发时,美国把后备军召集起来.
7. Children in the U.S.A. like K Day very much.
美国的小孩非常喜欢风筝节.
8. Business history split off from economic history in the U.S.A. in 1920 s.
在20年代美国又将企业史从经济史中分化出来.
9. Eggs are sold by the dozen in U.S.A., by the catty here.
在美国鸡蛋论打出售, 在这里则论斤.
10. I was born in China and brought up in the U.S.A.
我出生在中国,在美国长大.
11. Her son took up his residence at the U.S.A.
她儿子定居于美国.
12. In the U.S. a constant flow of immigrants is being amalgamated.
在美国,移民正不断的与之融和.
13. In the U.S. A taxes are reckoned from Jan . l.
在美国,税是从一月一日算起.
14. Here they are. Family Album, U.S.A.
就在这里. 美国写真!
15. You're right. My Family Album , U.S.A. feels right.
说 的对. 我的美国写真集不赖.
浏览量:2
下载量:0
时间:
没有创造的生活不能算生活,只能算活着。接下来小编为大家整理了一些有关生活的英文句子,一起来看看吧!
Life is a leaf of paper white, there on each of us may write his word or two.
生活就像一张白纸,每个人都可以在其上写上自己的一两句话。
On earth there is nothing great but man; in the man there is nothing great but mind.
地球上最伟大生物是人,人身上最伟大的东西是心灵。
Everything ought to be beautiful in a human being: face, and dress, and soul, and ideas.
人的一切——面貌、衣着、心灵和思想,都应该是美好的。
All things in their being are good for something.
天生我才必有用。
The good or ill of man lies within his own will.
人的善良或邪恶都存在于他。
Life is real, life is earnest.
人生真实,人生诚挚。
Life is compared to a voyage.
人生好比是一次航程。
ife is a long journey. Don't waste your time waiting for people who are not willing to walk with you。
生活是一场漫长的旅行,不要浪费时间,去等待那些不愿与你携手同行的人。
The people who get on in this world are the people who get up and look for circumstances they want, and if they cannot find them, make them. -- Bernard Shaw
在这个世界上取得成就的人,都努力去寻找他们想要的机会,如果找不到机会,他们便自己创造机会
Life is like a mirror, we get the best results when we smile at it.
生活像一面镜子,你对它微笑它便会对你微笑。
The heaviest burden of life is not working, but boring.生活最沉重的负担不是工作,而是无聊。
No one can be pure and simple until the last minute.However,don't forget your nature.
没有什么人能一路单纯到底,但是要记住,别忘了最初的自己。
The world is not happy, only the happy person.世界上没有快乐的地方,只有快乐的人
Never explain yourself to any one. Because the person who likes you doesn't need it,and the person who dislikes you won't believe it.
永远不要向任何人解释你自己。因为喜欢你的人不需要,而不喜欢你的人不会相信。
浏览量:2
下载量:0
时间:
不要太在意别人如何看待你,最重要的是你如何看待你自己。接下来小编为大家整理了一些感悟生活的英文句子,一起来看看吧!
Don't take people's care for granted.No matter how much they love you, people get tired eventually.
不要把别人的关心当成理所当然。不管他有多爱你,最终也会有疲惫的一天。
We spend too much time looking for the right person to love or finding fault with those we already
love, when instead we should be perfecting the love we give.
可能我们花了太多时间去寻找那个合适的人或对我们所爱的人过份 挑剔,或许我们应该多些反思怎样改善自己付出的爱。
Love,get mad about it and both carry all the dreams. If not,be strong and each takes the pain.
爱,就疯狂,两个人撑起所有的梦想;不爱,就坚强,一个人扛起所有的伤。
The worst way to miss someone is to be seated by his/her side and know you'll never have him/her.
错过一个人最可怕的方式就是:坐在他/她的身边,你却直到永远都不会拥有他/她。
Your kiss still burns on my lips, everyday of mine is so beautiful.
你的吻在我的唇上依旧炽热,我的每一天都是如此的美好。
love makes people forget about time, while time makes people forget about love. don’t let yesterday
take up more of today.
爱情使人忘记时间,时间也使人忘记爱情。不要让太多昨天占据你的今天!
It's better to lose your pride to the one you love, than to lose the one you love because of pride.
应选择为你所爱的而放弃自尊,好过为自尊而失去你所爱的。
Being single doesn’t mean no one wants you. It means you’re taking your time deciding about your
life and who you want to spend it with.
单身并不意味着没有人爱,而是需要更多的时间去找寻真正能够与我们共度一生的人。
If equal affection cannot be, let the more loving be me.
如果没有相等的爱,那就让我爱多一些吧。
Love is when you take away the feeling, the passion, the romance, and you find out you still care for
that person.
爱情是:当感觉、热情和浪漫统统拿掉之後,你仍然珍惜对方。
There is no remedy for love but to love more.
治疗爱的创伤唯有加倍地去爱。
You can't make someone love you. All you can do is to be someone who can be loved; the rest is up
to the person to realize your worth.
你不能令某人爱你。你只能令自己可爱点,其余的就在于那人怎样 看你的价值。
浏览量:3
下载量:0
时间:
哈佛大学,简称哈佛。坐落于美国马萨诸塞州剑桥市,是一所享誉世界的私立研究型大学,是著名的常春藤盟校成员,被公认为是当今世界最顶尖的高等教育机构之一。下面读文网小编为大家带来关于哈佛校园生活情景对话,欢迎大家学习!
Li Lei and Han Meimei just met. Now Li Lei is walking Han Meimei home when they
hear someone playing the saxophone.
H: What beautiful music! I love saxophone. I remember you were learning it then.
H:多么动听的音乐呀!我喜欢萨克斯。我记得你那时正在学习萨克斯吧。
L: Yes, but I seldom practice it now because I'm too busy. Speaking of saxophone, do you know Fred Ho?
L:是机但是我现在太忙了很少练习。说到萨克斯,你知道侯维翰吗?.
H: I guess no.
H:不知道.
L: He's a jazz baritone' saxophonist. But his music is a little different as he combines African American music free jazz with traditional Chinese folk music.
L:他是一名爵士乐男中音萨克斯吹奏者。但他的音乐有点不同,因为他融含了美国 黑人音乐爵士乐和传统的中国民俗音乐。
H: Is he Chinese?
H:他是中国人吗?
J: Not exactly, he’s Chinese American. And he has devoted his whole life to fight against discrimination'. He met with much discrimination in his childhood. Like many other Chinese and Asian Americans, he felt a sense of isolation.
L:也不是,他是美籍华人。他的一生都致力于反歧视斗争。童年时候他遭受了很多歧视。像很多其他华裔和亚裔美国人一样,他有一种被孤立的感觉。
H: It was hard for a child. How did he overcome' it?
H:这对孩子来说挺残酷的。他怎么克服的?
L: In high school, he began to give up conforming to Euro-American norm' and to redefine his identity as a Chinese American,
L:高中时候,他幵始放弃遵守欧美规范,重新把 自己的身份定位为美籍华入。
H: I can imagine how many difficulties he had overcome. After all, he was not born in China.
H:我能想象他克服了多少困难,毕竟他没有出生 在中国。
L: Quite right. Yet, he succeeded conquering' all the sufferings and changed the way he thought about himself and others and turned anger and pain into action and power.
L:是呀。但是,他成功地克服了所有苦难,改变 了他以及別人对自己的看法,化悲痛为力量。
H: So, he began to fight for the rights for Chinese Americans through music?
H:所以他就开始通过音乐,为捍卫美籍华人的叔力而斗争吗?
L: Not just for Chinese Americans, but for Asian Americans and even African Americans.He began this eause when he was an undergrad at Harvard.
L:并不只是为美籍华人,而是为了亚商华人,甚至是美国黑人。当他在哈佛大学读 本科的时候开始从事这项事业。
H: He graduated from Harvard?
H:他是从哈佛毕业的?
L: Yes, he's my schoolmate, and is one of the founders of the Harvard-Radcliffe Asian American Association.
L:是的,他是我的校友,也是哈佛拉德克利夫亚裔美国人协会的创立者之一。
H: It’s rare that an artist would care so much about politics.
H:很少见有艺术家这么关心政治的。
L: He studied sociology at Harvard and graduated in 1979. It was not until 1981 that he focused on building a professional career in music.
L:他在哈佛学社会学,1979年毕业。直到1981年他才把音乐当作职业。
H: He's versatile'.
H:真多才多艺的。
L: The association he and other students help found help Asian American students a lot.
L:他和其他学生创立的协会给亚裔美国学生提供了很多帮助。
H: Does it seek equal rights for minorities' with white majority?
H:这个协会为少数族裔谋求和白人一样的平等的权力吗?
L: Just the opposite. The association was founded because the school authority rejected Asian Americans,minority status'.
L:恰怆相反。创立该协会的原因是因为学校不承认亚裔美国人是少数族裔。
H: You confused me. I thought the minorities were supposed to be assimilated into the American society. They will be irritated if they are called Chinese, Japanese, or Korean.
H:你把我弄糊徐了。我认为少数族裔本应该被美国社会所同化。如果叫他们中国人、 日本人或韩国人,他们会被惹怒的。
L: So a lot of Asian Americans are actually in a dilemma'. The whites don’t accept them and they are treated as “majority''officially.
L:所以,实际上许多亚裔美国人处于窘境。白人不接受他们,但官方却称他们是多数 族裔。
H: Jesus', they seem to have no identity.
H:天啊,他们似平设有身份。
L: Thafs why many students like Ho asserted their Asian American identity once and for all,and founded the association to promote Asian American students’ rights and benefits at Harvard .
L:这就是为什么许多像侯维翰这样的学生彻底地坚持他们的亚裔美国人身份,并建 立了这个协会来促进亚裔美国学生在哈佛的权力和利益。
H: It couldn’t be smooth sailing.
H:不可能一帆风顺的。
L: Struggle is never smooth. The good news is that their efforts have paid off.
L:斗争永远都不会顺利的。好消息是他们的努力得到了回报。
H: Is he still fighting for minorities?
H:他仍然在为少数民族奋斗吗?
L; Yes, he devotes his whole life to this cause.
L:是的,他把自己的一生都奉献铪了这项事业。
H: He’s great. He reminds me of Bob Dylan whose songs became anthems for the civil rights and anti-war movements.
H:他很伟大。让人想起了鲍勃·迪伦,鲍勃·迪伦的歌成了民权运动和反战运动的颂歌。
L: Ho may not be that great and influential, but we must know him because he's a great Chinese American.
L:侯维翰可能没有那么伟大,也没那么有影响力,但是我们必须知道他,因为他是 伟大的美籍华人。
H: This is the first time I've heard about him, but I'm very moved by him.
H:这是我第一次听说他,但我很感动。
L: By the way, lie’s gonna perform at New Heaven, Connecticut.
L:顺便说一下,他将在康乃迪克州的新天堂举办演奏会。
H: If only I didn’t have class.
H:要是我没有课就好了。
浏览量:2
下载量:0
时间:
下面读文网小编为大家带来生活英语情景对话,欢迎大家学习!
Todd: OK, Yoko!
Todd:洋子!
Yoko: Hi!
Yoko:你好!
Todd: We're going to talk about your trip to America.
Todd:我们来聊聊你在美国的旅行。
Yoko: Trip to America. OK.
Yoko:美国的旅行,好的。
Todd: OK. When did you go to the U.S.?
Todd:你什么时候去的美国?
Yoko: It's about 4 years ago.
Yoko:大约4年前。
Todd: And what did you do?
Todd:你都做了什么?
Yoko: Actually, I went to Michigan and I worked as a volunteer teacher in public school.
Yoko:事实上,我去了密歇根州,在一所公立学校中做志愿者老师。
Todd: OK. What was the public school like?
Todd:那所公立学校怎么样?
Yoko: It was not big, and so it was not big. I don't know how to say that, so what should I say....
Yoko:不大,那所学校不是很大,我不知道怎么说,我该怎么说呢……
Todd: It was just a small school?
Todd:那是一间小学校?
Yoko: Yeah. Small school. So only maybe 200 students I think.
Yoko:是的,一所很小的学校。大概只有200名学生。
Todd: Oh, really!
Todd:真的!
Yoko: Yeah, it was really small.
Yoko:是的,真的很小。
Todd: Wow, that is small.
Todd:哇,很小啊。
Yoko: Yeah, yeah.
Yoko:是的。
Todd: Did you know all the students?
Todd:你认识那儿所有的学生吗?
Yoko: I don't think so. I just visited some classes. Yes.
Yoko:我不这么认为。我只是去了几节课。
Todd: So what did you think of America?
Todd:你对美国有什么看法?
Yoko: I think it is a great country for many people who wants to try new things.
Yoko:我认为美国是一个伟大的国家,在美国,人们想要尝试一些新的东西。
Todd: OK.
Todd:好的。
Yoko: You know, so for example I did not have any special skills to teach, but they let me to work there as a volunteer, and they gave me a great oppurtunity to meet a lot of students, who are really nice I think.
Yoko:例如,我没有教书的特殊技能,但校方允许我作为志愿者在那里工作,他们给了我一个机会去接触那里的学生们,学生们都很友好。
Todd: Ah, OK. I agree. What were your students like?
Todd:哦,好的,我同意。你的学生怎么样?
Yoko: They were really motivated to learn Japanese, but they didn't learn a lot. They just, they just wanted to play with me, from other countries. Who is from, sorry!
Yoko:他们对学习日语很积极,但他们并没有学多少。他们只是想和我玩,和来自其他国家的人玩。
Todd: OK. Do you have any special memories from your trip?
Todd:你对这次美国之旅有没有留下什么特殊的记忆?
Yoko: Yes, I visited lots of places by myself and I was really afraid of speaking English to people there but they tried to understand me, and they helped me a lot and I really think OK, they are lots of people who are nice all over the world.
Yoko:是的。我自己去了很多地方。我真的很害怕和当地人说英语,但他们总是努力地理解我,他们帮了我很多很多,这让我觉得全世界有很多好心人。
浏览量:2
下载量:0
时间:
洛杉矶是一座位于美国西海岸的城市,又称为“天使之城”,是美国最大的海港。今天读文网小编为大家带来旅游英语之美国洛杉矶英语简介,欢迎大家阅读!
Dan: So, is L.A. all it's cracked up to be?
男:怎么样,洛杉矶是否如你听说的一样
Nicole: Well, the stereotype in the movies is that L.A. is a frivolous town with a lot of flaky people. I guess, in the back of my mind, that's what I expected.
女:怎么说呢,电影中洛杉矶给人千篇一律的印象就是,这是一个生活着很多不靠谱的人的轻浮的城市。在我内心深处我觉得洛杉矶也是这样
Dan: And, is it what you found?
男:那么,事实中你发现是这样吗
Nicole: Well, it is and it's not. The city of L.A. is much bigger and more diverse than I had expected. There are people here from all over the country and all over world, like New York. I've heard people say that in L.A., everyone is from somewhere else. Tha's partly true. So, I've met all kinds of people here. What I'm realizing is that the picture of L.A. that's in movies only represents a small segment of the city.
女:也对也不对吧。洛杉矶比我想象的要大,更多元化。这里象纽约一样,有来自于全国及至全世界的人。我听别人讲在洛杉矶每个人都来自于不同的地方。这部分正确吧。我在这里的确遇见各式各样的人。我意识到我在电影中看到的洛杉矶只能代表现实中这个城市的一小部分。
Dan: You're right. Life isn't always like the movies.
男:你说得对。生活与电影当然不是一回事。
浏览量:2
下载量:0
时间:
美国小孩唱的英文歌有哪些你知道吗?下面都是小编收藏的美国小孩唱的英文歌,希望对你们有用。
美国小孩唱的英文歌如下:
美国小孩唱的英文歌1
Clementine
In a cavern, in a canyon, excavating for a mine.
Lived a miner forty-niner, and his daughter Clementine.
Oh my darling, oh my darling,
Oh my darling, Clementine,
You ere lost and gone forever.
Dreadful sorry, Clementine.
美国小孩唱的英文歌2
Row Row Row Your Boat
Row row row your boat, gently down the stream.
Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, life is but a dream.
美国小孩唱的英文歌3
we wish you a merry christmas;
we wish you a merry christmas;
we wish you a merry christmas and a happy new year.
we wish you a merry christmas;
we wish you a merry christmas;
we wish you a merry christmas and a happy new year.
good tidings we bring to you and your kin;
we wish you a merry christmas and a happy new year.
oh, bring us a figgy pudding;
oh, bring us a figgy pudding;
oh, bring us a figgy pudding and bring it fight here
oh, bring us a figgy pudding;
oh, bring us a figgy pudding;
oh, bring us a figgy pudding and bring it fight here
good tidings we bring to you and your kin;
we wish you a merry christmas and a happy new year.
music
we won't go until we get some;
we won't go until we get some;
we won't go until we get some, so bring some out here
we wish you a merry christmas;
we wish you a merry christmas;
we wish you a merry christmas and a happy new year.
美国小孩唱的英文歌4
Where is thumbkin?
Where is Thumbkin? Where is Thumbkin?
Here, I am. Here, I am.
How are you today,sir?
Very well, thank you.
Run away, run away.
Where is Pointer? Where is Pointer?
Here, I am. Here, I am.
How are you today,sir?
Very well, thank you.
Run away, run away.
Where is Tall Man? Where is Tall Man?
Here, I am. Here, I am.
How are you today,sir?
Very well, thank you.
Run away, run away.
Where is Ring Man? Where is Ring Man?
Here, I am. Here, I am.
How are you today,sir?
Very well, thank you.
Run away, run away.
Where is Baby? Where is Baby?
Here, I am. Here, I am.
How are you today,sir?
Very well, thank you.
Run away, run away.
美国小孩唱的英文歌5
London Bridge
London Bridge is falling down, falling down, falling down.
London bridge is falling down, my fair lady.
Build it up with iron bars.
Iron bars will bend and break
Build it up with pins and needles
Pins and needles rust and bend
Build it up with gold and silver
Gold and silver I’ve not got
London Bridge is falling down
浏览量:2
下载量:0
时间:
下面读文网小编为大家带来生活哲理英文句子,欢迎大家阅读!
1、The turning point in the process of growing up is when you discover the core of strength within you that survives all hurt.当你从内心深处找到一种可以忍受一切痛苦的坚强力量时,你的成长历程就会出现飞跃。
2、More effort to talk about others, less effort to reflect on their own.多一分心力去议论别人,就少一分心力反省自己。记住:静坐常思己过,闲谈莫论人非。
3、The people who are there for you in the dark times and who are there to celebrate with you when you succeed – those are the people you want and need in your corner.在低谷时陪伴你,在高处时与你同乐这才是你需要的最亲密的朋友。
4、I know someone in the world is waiting for me, although I've no idea of who he is,but I feel happy every day for this.我知道这世上有人在等我,虽然我不知道我在等谁,但为了这个,我每天都非常快乐。
5、If I never met you, I don't have to lose you. 如果我从没遇见你,我就不会失去你。
6、You can hurt with your words but sometimes you can hurt more with your silence生活中,你说的话可能会伤到别人,但有时候,你的沉默会让人伤得更深。
7、Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy. 有时候你的微笑源自你的快乐,有时候你的微笑会使你快乐。
8、Be alike flower. Spread beauty and happiness wherever you stay; irrespective of your surroundings. 像花儿一样,无论身在何处,不管周遭环境如何,都依然潇洒的绽放自己的美丽,活出自己的精彩。
9、A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous。 一个女孩必备的两样东西:优雅和美丽。
10、Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, or you will never grow up.你不尝试着做些能力之外的事情,就永远无法成长。
11、There is not a person, so your red eyes, you still smile forgive. 有没有一个人,让你红了眼眶,你却还笑着原谅。
12、Anger, like grief is a weakness. 愤怒和悲哀一样,也是一种软弱。
13、While the priest climbs a post, the devil climbs ten.道高一尺,魔高一丈。
14、If you have choices, choose the best. If you have no choice, do the best!如果有得选,选最好的。如果没得选,就尽力做到最好。
15、Don't look forward to tomorrow, don't miss yesterday, to grasp today. 不憧憬明天,不留念昨天,只把握今天。
浏览量:2
下载量:0
时间:
在演讲前多背几篇大学生活英文演讲稿是非常有必要的,下面小编就分享大学生活英文演讲稿给你们,希望对你们有用。
Love Is as Strong as Death
爱即生死相许
An ancient Hebrew text says, "Love is as strong as death." It seems that not everyone experiences this kind of strong love. The increase in poverty, crime and war tells us that the world is in desperate need of true love. but what is true love?
一篇古希伯来文这样写道:“爱即生死相许。”由此看来,并非每个人都体验过如此深沉的爱。贫穷不断扩散,罪恶继续蔓延和战争频繁发生,这一切都表明,世界急需真爱。但是,何谓真爱?
Love is something we all need but how do we know we've experienced it? True love is best as devotion and action, not an emotion. Live is not exclusively based on how we feel. Certainly our emotions are involved, but they cannot be our only criteria for love. True love is when you care enough about another person that you would lay down your life for them. When this happens, then love true is "as strong as death".
人人都需要爱。但是,当我们身处爱中,如何才能意识到它的存在呢?真爱应当是一种奉献,一种实际行动,而不是一种感觉上的激情。爱并不只建立在感知上,它也囊括了情感因素,但这些绝非是衡量爱的唯一标准。真爱来临时,你可以为心爱的人舍弃生命,爱到如此深重,才称得上是“生死相许”啊。
How many of you have a mother or father, husband or wife, son or daughter or friend who would sacrifice his or her own life for yours? Those of you who true love your spouse and children would unselfishly lay your life on the line to save them from death. Many people, in emergency rooms with their loved ones have prayed, "please God, take me instead of them."
有多少人的父母、爱人、儿女或朋友愿意为心爱的人舍弃生命?只有那些真正深切关爱自己家人和孩子的人,才会甘愿牲牲自己。我们当中又有多少人在爱人垂死的病榻前虔诚祈祷:“上帝啊,用我的生命把他们的生命换回来吧!”
Find true love, and be a true lover as well. May you find the love which is not only stronger than death but which leads to a truly fulfilling life.
寻找真爱,做个真心爱人吧!愿你的爱不仅如死般强烈,也能引领你走上充满真爱的人生!
I hope so.
我希望!
浏览量:2
下载量:0
时间:
了解,通常用来形容人对某件物、或事的掌握领悟程度。其所要求的心理过程主要是记忆。如:你会要了解一下捐税情况的,是不是?那么你知道了解用英文怎么说吗?下面来学习一下吧。
know
浏览量:3
下载量:0
时间: