为您找到与各国礼仪的表达方式用英语相关的共200个结果:
餐桌礼仪指的是你的用餐行为准则,包括如何使用餐具以及如何文明进餐。全球最大的旅行指南数字出版商“孤独星球”最近汇集了各类餐桌礼仪,并列出了餐桌禁忌警示。美国编辑罗伯特·瑞得同自己的团队将各类跨文化书籍中的珍闻搜集起来,他说:“此举用来宣扬旅行的乐趣,有时很有趣,有时也可以增长见闻。”下面读文网小编为大家带来旅游英语阅读:各国餐桌礼仪,希望大家喜欢!
Lonely Planet: don’t ask for salt and pepper if it is not on the table. “Asking for any kind ofseasoning or condiment” will offend the cook.
“孤独星球”:如果桌子上没有摆放盐或胡椒瓶,不能主动去索要。“索要任何调味品或佐料”都会冒犯到厨师。
Tradition: Cooks are highly respected in Portugal.
文化传统:在葡萄牙,厨师是非常受人尊重的。
What else to watch: Place your napkin on your lap, and don’t eat with your fingers. Don’tswitch cutlery between hands.
其他注意事项:将餐巾铺在大腿上,不要用手吃东西。不要双手交换使用餐具。
浏览量:3
下载量:0
时间:
想知道有哪些有关文明礼仪的英语句子吗?下面读文网小编为大家带来有关文明礼仪英语句子,欢迎大家学习。
1、人不能象走兽那样活着,应该追求知识和美德。
Man can not live like beasts, should pursue knowledge and virtue.
2、礼貌是最容易做到的事,也是最珍贵的东西。
Courtesy is the most easy to do, which is the most precious thing.
3、行一件好事,心中泰然;行一件歹事,衾影抱愧。
Do a good thing, poised in heart; Do a bad things, could be ashamed.
4、让我们一起来:关心集体,爱护公物,保护环境!
Let us together to: concerned about the collective, take good care of public property, protect the environment!
5、怀着善意的人,是不难于表达他对人的礼貌的。
Good-will people, it is not hard to express his polite to people.
6、礼仪,是聪明人想出来的与愚人保持距离的一种策略。
Etiquette, is a wise man who want to come out of a device to keep distance with the fool.
7、不在墙上留一条伤痕,不在空气中留下一句脏话。
Don't leave a scar on the wall, not in the air leaving an expletive.
8、礼貌使有礼貌的人喜悦,也使那些受人以礼貌相待的人们喜悦。
Manners make polite people joy, also for those who are polite people.
9、我深信只有有道德的公民才能向自己的祖国致以可被接受的敬礼。
I'm convinced that the only ethical citizens to their country with acceptable salute.
10、美德是精神上的一种宝藏,但是使它生出光彩的则是良好的礼仪。
Virtue is a kind of spiritual treasure, but make it produce luster is good manners.
浏览量:4
下载量:0
时间:
表述特定内容所使用的特定的语言方法、手段,是表达方式。它是文章构成的一种形式要素。那么你知道表达方式用英语怎么说吗?下面跟着读文网小编一起来学习一下吧。
Expression way
浏览量:2
下载量:0
时间:
餐桌礼仪顾名思义就是指在吃饭用餐时在餐桌上的礼仪常识,餐饮礼仪问题可谓源远流长。那么你知道有哪些常用的餐桌礼仪的英语口语表达吗?下面读文网小编为大家带来餐桌礼仪常用英语口语表达,供大家参考学习!
1、你喜欢喝什么酒?
What would you like to drink,
2、要再给你加点酒吗
May i fill your glass again?
3、多喝点。
Drink more.
4、为我们的友谊和您的健康,干杯!
Here's to our friendship and to your health, Cheers!
5、自己来!请自便!
Help yourself.
6、多吃点。
Have some more.
Have more.
Have a little more.
Eat more.
7、你想再来点吗?
Would you like a little bit more?
8、趁热吃好吃。
It tastes best when taken piping hot.
9、请再来点儿。
Have some more, please.
10、上春卷儿了。
Ah, here come the egg rolls.
11、吃点凉菜吧。
Try some of the cold dishes.
12、请随便挑你喜欢的吃。
Just help yourself to whatever you'd like.
浏览量:3
下载量:0
时间:
社交礼仪是指人们在人际交往过程中所具备的基本素质,交际能力等。社交在当今社会人际交往中发挥的作用愈显重要。那么你知道社交礼仪用英语怎么说吗?下面跟着读文网小编一起来学习一下吧。
social graces
浏览量:3
下载量:0
时间:
在商务场合的问候中,正确运用礼仪非常重要。下面读文网小编为大家带来商务英语礼仪双语阅读,欢迎大家阅读!
A: Hello. I'm Mia Conners。
A: 您好,我是Mia Conners。
B: Hi Mia. I'm David Sinclair, and this is my partner Gina Evans. (hold out hand to shake)
B: 您好,Mia。我是David Sinclair,这是我的搭档Gina Evans。(握手)
A: Nice to meet you Mr. Sinclair and Ms Evans. Thank you for taking the time to meet with me today。
A: 您好,Sinclair先生。您好,Evans女士。谢谢你们今天抽出时间与我会面。
B: It's our pleasure. And please, call us David and Gina. Can I take your coat?
B: 这是我们应该做的。另外,叫我们David和Gina就可以了。需要我帮您拿外套吗?
A: Thank you。
A: 谢谢。
B: No problem. Please take a seat and we'll be right with you。
B: 没事。请稍坐片刻,我们马上就过来。
以上就是读文网小编为大家带来的商务英语礼仪双语阅读,希望对大家能有所帮助!
浏览量:3
下载量:0
时间:
通过这些英语作文,我们可以了解到中西方在餐桌礼仪方面的极大不同。下面是读文网小编带来餐桌礼仪英语作文范文,欢迎大家阅读!
As we know ,there are so many differences between culture of the East and West that I can not list all of their different aspects.I will focus on the differences of diet custom and teaching system.For your better understanding ,I will set examples of China and America.
It is no doubt that it is a tradition to use chopsticks for Chinese.But people in America prefer to forks and knives.This different result is based on different food they are like .Americans choose to eat beefsteak,bread,and salad,while Chinese people choose noodles ,pancakes and rice.What is more,the custom of drinking tea in China and drinking coffee in America are stand out particularly.However,there is a trend that the food in both countries has been mixture.For example,the coffee and bread have introduced to China.The famous KFC is very popular at children.
The gap of teaching system between China and America is big.Chinese students always complain about their homework.Too much homework has limited the time to exercise and relax.They have to recite many things as to get a high mark.Homework comes the first to them.
In my opinion,the study in America is more interesting .Teachers pay attentions to training students skills in thinking in realastic life not to emphasis on the importances of memories.In a addition,the rate of going to school ,the salary of teaching ,and the job of gruduates are quite different,too.I should say that Chima government should make great efforts to improve its teaching syetem.I am also expect to be one day ,the West give more cheers to our country.
带翻译:
东方和西方之间的文化差异。
正如我们所知,有很多东西方文化之间的差异,我不能列出所有的不同方面。我将关注饮食习俗的差异和教学体系。为你更好的理解,我将中国和美国的例子。
毫无疑问,这是一个传统中国使用筷子。但是美国人更喜欢刀叉。这个不同的结果是基于不同的食物它们就像。美国人选择吃牛排、面包和沙拉,而中国人选择面条、煎饼和米饭。更重要的是,在中国喝茶和喝咖啡的习俗在美国尤其引人注目。然而,有一种趋势,这两个国家的食物混合。例如,咖啡和面包已经传入中国。著名的肯德基很受欢迎的儿童。
中国和美国之间的教学体系的差距很大。中国学生总是抱怨他们的作业。作业太多有限的时间来锻炼和放松。他们要背诵很多东西得高分。家庭作业是第一。
在我看来,这项研究在美国更有趣。教师要注意培养学生在思维技能realastic生活不强调记忆的重要性。之外,去学校,教学的薪水,和gruduates的工作有很大的不同。我应该说,反而政府应该努力改善其教学体系。我也希望有一天,西方给我国更多的欢呼。
看过餐桌礼仪介绍英语作文
浏览量:3
下载量:0
时间:
用英语表达生病感觉不舒服,你用sick还是upset呢,你知道表达身体不适还有哪些英语说法吗?下面跟着读文网小编一起学习表达身体不适的英语说法吧。
A:Good morning,Mr.Smith.Oh,what's the matter?Aren't you feeling well?
早上好,史密斯先生。哎呀,怎么回事?您不舒服吗?
B:I'm afraid I feel rather bad this morning.I had a splitting headache last night.
今早我感到很不舒服。昨晚我头痛得厉害。
Oh,I'm sorry to hear that.Is it any better now?
啊!真太遗憾了。您现在好一些了吗?
Yes,thanks.I took a couple of aspirins last night and sweated it out.But I still feel rather groggy.
是的,谢谢。昨晚我吃了两片阿司匹林,出了一身汗。不过,仍然感到头昏眼花的。
That's too bad.We'll have to do something about it.Shall I call a doctor?
那太糟了。我们得带您去看看病。我去请医生好吗?
Please don't bother.It's nothing serious.I'll be all right soon.
请别麻烦了。我的病不厉害,很快就会好的。
It's no bother.Look,what about going to the hospital and having a general check-up?
不麻烦。这样吧,您去医院做一个全面检查,怎么样?
浏览量:2
下载量:0
时间:
每个国家都有自己的餐桌礼仪特色,中国的餐桌礼仪也算是比较特别的,下面是读文网小编整理的关于中国餐桌礼仪英语对话,希望对大家有帮助。
A:Hello,B!I read an article about western table manners.I found that there are many similarities and differences betwee western table manners and chinese table manners.
B:Yes.For example:When you are bidden to the feast,you are more interested in talking with people around you than having any dish.So when you have your meals,you should try your best to make less sound and action.
A:Yes.But in western countries before hostess pick up her spoon or fork,gests mustn't taste any dish.The hostess won't start her meal until all the guests get their dishes.She won't do it like chinese,want you have first.It means that everyone can have their own meals when the hostess pick up her spoon or fork.
B:And in China,people wear casual clothes when they have meals in the restaurant,even the T-shirt and jeans are available.Only in important banquet do they wear grandly.But it requires people wear formal dress.
A:And the people seat of traditional chinese food is not that exquisite like in western countries.Most of them are seated according to their own willings and without napkin.
B:However,it's very exquisite in western countries.
A:Yes,we have a lot to learn.
B:Of course
浏览量:4
下载量:0
时间:
对于商务人士来说,学习好餐桌礼仪的知识是很重要的。接下来小编为大家整理了各国不同的餐桌礼仪,希望对你有帮助哦!
法国
Lonely Planet: never discuss money or religion over dinner. Going Dutch is considered “the height of unsophistication”.
“孤独星球”:餐桌上不要讨论金钱或宗教信仰问题。在法国人眼中,AA制会被视作极其不通世故的。
Tradition: In France, a meal is like a ceremony. People relish it and make it’s a special occasion.
文化传统:在法国,用餐就像是一种仪式。人们享受这一过程,并将其看作是一种特殊场合。
What else to watch: In contrast to the etiquette in Russia, it’s considered good manners to finish everything on your plate.
其他注意事项:与俄罗斯的餐桌礼仪相反,在法国吃光盘中餐被认为是一种礼貌行为。
People often cut bread directly on a table cloth rather than on a plate. Tear your bread into bite-sized pieces before eating. Taking a bite from the whole piece is very impolite.
人们通常直接在桌布上切面包,而不是盘子上。吃之前要先将面包撕成小块。拿着整个面包咬着吃很不礼貌。
浏览量:3
下载量:0
时间:
在商务活动中,为了体现相互尊重,需要通过一些行为准则去约束人们在商务活动中的方方面面,接下来小编为大家整理商务交际礼仪常用英语句子,希望对你有帮助哦!
久仰!
I've heard so much about you.
好久不见了!
Long time no see.
辛苦了!
You've had a long day.You've had a long flight.
尊敬的朋友们!
Distinguished/Honorable/Respected friends
阁下(多用于称呼大使)
Your Excellency
我代表北京市政府欢迎各位朋友访问北京。
On behalf of the Beijing Municipal government, I wish to extend our warm welcome to the friends who have come to visit
Beijing.
对您的大力协助,我谨代表北京市政府表示衷心的感谢。
On behalf of the Beijing Municipal government, i wish to express our heartfelt thanks to you for your gracious assistance.
在北京过得怎么样?
How are you making out in Beijing?
我一定向他转达您的问候和邀请。
I'll surely remember you and your invitation to him.
欢迎美商来北京投资。
American businessmen are welcome to make investment in Beijing.
欢迎多提宝贵意见。
Your valuable advice is most welcome.
不虚此行!
It's a rewarding trip!
您的日程很紧,我们的会见是否就到此为止。
As you have a tight schedule, I will not take up more of your time.
请代我问候王先生。
Please remember me to Mr.Wang.
感谢光临!
Thank you so much for coming.
欢迎再来!
Hope you'll come again.
欢迎以后多来北京!
Hope you'll visit Beijing more often.
请留步,不用送了!
I will see myself out, please.
多保重!
Take care!
祝您一路平安!
Have a nice trip!
愿为您效劳!
At your service!
为…举行宴会/宴请
Host a dinner/banquet/luncheon in honor of …
您的位置在这里。
Here is your seat.
请入席!
Please have a seat.
欢聚一堂
Enjoy this happy get-together
请随便!
Please yourself at home./Please enjoy yourself.
请各位随意用餐。
Help yourself please.
您喝点什么?
What would you like to drink?
现在我提议,为了…和…之间的合作,为了…参议员的健康,干杯!
At this point, I propose a toast: to the cooperation between … And … , to the health of Senator…, cheers!
最后,我借主人的酒,提议为…干杯!
Lastly, taking up this glass of fine wine, I propose a toast to …
请各位举杯并同我一起为所有在座的朋友们的健康干杯!
I'd ask you to raise your glass and join me in a toast ot the health of all our friends present here.
敬您一杯!
Here's to you!
祝你健康!
To your health!
我要为此干杯!
I'll drink to that!
随量!
Whatever you like!
我失陪一会儿!
Excuse me for a minute.
菜不好,请多多包涵!
Hope you enjoy yourself.
女士们先生们,欢迎各位光临,演出很快就要开始了,请尽快就坐。
Ladies and gentlemen, good evening. The concert/show would start soon. Please get yourself seated. Thank you.
招待会现在开始。
The reception will now begin.
全体起立,奏国歌!
All rise please. For the P.R.C.National Anthem!
出席今天招待会的贵宾有…
The distinguished guests paarticipating the reception are …
现在请…讲话
I have the honour to call upon …
开幕式现在结束。
This concludes the opening ceremony.
隆重庆祝
Grand celebration
庆祝成立…一周年
Celebrating the 1st Anniversary of the Establishment of …
热烈祝贺第一届…锦标赛
Hail the first FIFA of …
值此节日之际致以节日的祝贺!
On the occasion of the season, I would like to extend season's greetings.
祝您工作顺利、事业成功、身体健康、家庭幸福!
Wish you the very best of luck in your job, every successin your future endeavours, good health and a happy family!
衷心祝贺您当选…
Hearty congratulations on your recent ecletion as …
下面我给各位简要介绍一下北京的经济情况
Now I would like to give you a brief overview of Beijing's economy.
我的介绍完了,谢谢!
That's all for my presentation.thank you.
我先说这么多。
So much for my remarks for now.
我要说的就是这些。
That's all for what I want to say.
您看是先谈原则问题呢,还是先谈具体问题?
I wonder if you would like to start with matters of principle or specific issues?
让我先谈一个问题。
If you agree(With your permission), let me start with one issue
在谈那个问题之前我想对您刚才讲的话谈点看法。
Before we trun to that issue, I wish to make a few comments/remarks on your presentation.
您对此事怎么看呢?
I wish to benefit from your views on this matter./ What is your view on this matter?/ How do you see this matter?
我提议休会十分钟。
I propose a ten-minute break.
我想接着刚才的问题讲下去。
I will pick up where we left off just now.
对不起,我插一句。
Sorry for the interruption but
当然可以!
By all means.
怎么都行!
Whatever you say.
我没有异议。
I have no objection.
我方对这个问题有异议。
We take exception to this question.
我们高兴地看到…
We note with pleasure that …
这个日期贵方觉得合适吗?
I wonder if this date wuld be suitable for you?
不知你们上午谈的怎样?
I wonder how the meeting went this morning?
我方很希望贵方能尽早给予肯定的答复。
We would greatlyl appreciate it if you could give us your favourable and prompt commitment as soonas possible.
请你们务必在8月1日前提出意向书。
You are kindly requested to submit the letter of intent on the date no later than 1st August.
纠缠这个问题。
Entangle this issue.
提倡节约
Advocate/uphold thriftiness
为了国家的繁荣
For the sake of national property
经受了时间考验的友谊给我留下了很深的印象。
The time-tested friendship leave me a deep impression.
密切注视
Keep close watch on
促进密切合作
Spur/promote intensive cooperation
浏览量:4
下载量:0
时间:
下面是读文网小编整理的英语电话常用语,以供大家学习参考。
① Who's that?
② Who's speaking (calling), please? 千万不能问 Who are you?
浏览量:3
下载量:0
时间:
英语交流非常重视,或者说是非常重要的一个环节就是肢体语言。英语中有一句谚语是这样说的 :Actions speak louder than words。意思就是肢体语言比口述更有力量。世界上最大的猎头公司Korn/Ferry International的人力资源专家的统计结论也显示,“In a job interview,you will be virtually fully judged within the first 30 seconds, even before you start to talk.”(在工作面试中,你甚至还没有开始讲话,面试官实际上已经在30秒之内对你有了全面的评价。)这其中:visual (what yousee,你所看到的)占55%;audio(what you hear,你所听到的)占38%;content(what is said,你们真正的谈话内容)占7%。下面是读文网小编整理的用英语表达职场礼仪的英语句子,欢迎大家阅读!
公司总会不断有新的力量加入。当这些新人抱着希望来到你的公司时,一定要欢迎并为他热情介绍新同事和新领导。这样,新人们才能更快地融入到这个团队中来。
I’d like to welcome you to our company.
欢迎到我们公司来。
Come in and meet some of our team.
进来和同事们认识一下吧。
I’d like you to meet Mr. White, our sales manager.
我想让你认识一下我们的销售经理, 怀特先生。
Let me introduce you to our chief editor Mrs. White.
让我介绍一下我们的主编怀特女士。
I hope you’ll be happy working here, and if you have any problem just let me know.
希望你在这里过得愉快,如果有问题尽管来找我。
浏览量:4
下载量:0
时间:
在日常生活中,人们经常要组织或举办一些必要的社交活动,以融洽人们彼此之间的人际关系。要邀请人们参加这类活动,往往有不少值得注意和讲究的地方。
根据不同的侧重点,邀请可以有不同的分类。从语言表达的形式来看,可分为书面邀请和口头邀请;从邀请的正式与否来看,可分为正式邀请和非正式邀请;从邀请的可接受性来看,可分为直接邀请和间接邀请等。
书面邀请主要是指通过发送请贴或写信进行邀请。由于写信的格式同学们大都比较熟悉,这里我们主要谈谈用请贴邀请的有关注意问题。请贴的格式往往有一定的讲究,多为上下短行排列,虽每行长短不一,但大致呈中心对称,看起来不仅清楚醒目、而且美观大方。请贴的内容通常应包括时间、地点、活动内容、邀请人和被邀请人姓名等。同时,请贴也可分为正式和非正式两种。一般说来,正式请贴用于比较严肃、庄重的场合,其用词比较讲究、句式比较严谨,使用的人称通常是第三人称,姓名通常要用全名(包括中间名),且要在姓名前使用适当的称谓词,如 Mr, Mrs, Miss, Ms 等。 而非正式请贴则通常用于较随便的场合,其用词和句法也比较随便,使用的人称通常是第二人称。请看如下请贴实例:
(Yes, ) It’s very kind [nice] of you. (好,)太感谢你了。
(Yes, ) That’s very kind [nice] of you. (好,)太感谢你了。
I’d (very much) like to. Thank you. 我很愿意,谢谢你。
I’d like [love] to. 我很愿意。
I’d be glad to. 我很高兴(做. . . )。
That’ll be very nice. 那太好了。
With pleasure. 我乐意。
All right. 好吧。
浏览量:4
下载量:0
时间:
下面是读文网小编整理的外企办公室英语礼仪,欢迎大家阅读!
Part of the daily routine of most executives is to spend a period of time with his or her assistant, going over projects, dictating letters, discussing appointments to be made etc. It is easy to forget the niceties of human relations that make these meetings more pleasant when they occur daily, but shouting, "Jane! Come in here!" or running through the litany of things to do without a smile is inexcusable.
At a meeting of project managers, saying "Susan, the Kraus project needs some attention...do you think you could fit it into your schedule within the next two days? shows acknowledgment that Susan has a schedule and again makes a request out of your order.
By making these requests " you" rather than "I" statements or questions, you are implying that Jane or Susan have a participatory place in the process. If you said, " I want you to come in here..." " I want you to work on the Kraus project." The tone of your request would be very different.
大多数业务经理大部分日常业务都花在与他或她的助理研究项目,口述信函,商讨会谈时间等事务上。每天进行这样的会晤很容易忽略了相互间的和睦气氛。 直呼“Jane,你过来!”或面无表情地吩咐工作是无法让人接受的。
当开项目经理会时,您说:“Susan, 克劳斯的计划需要予以注意,您能否两天内将它列入你的计划中?”这样一方面表示了解Susan有了一个计划,同时在提出要求时,避免了命令的口吻。
提出这类请求时,使用“您”,而不用“我”的方式陈述或提问可暗示Jane或Susan参与了本项目。如果只说“我想让您过来一下……”“我想让您准备克劳斯的计划。” 您的要求听起来就显得极为地不同!
浏览量:4
下载量:0
时间:
THE NATIONAL DAY!
中国传统节日中英对照
1.New Year's Day 元旦(1月1日)
2.Spring Festival;Chinese New Year's Day 春节(农历一月一日)
3.Lantern Festival 元宵节(农历一月十五日)
4.International Working Women's Day 国际劳动妇女节(3月8日)
5.Arbor Day 植树节(3月12日)
6.Postal Day 邮政节(3月20日)
7.World Meteorology Day 世界气象节(3月23日)
8.Ching Ming Festival ;Tomb-sweeping Festival 清明节(4月5日)
9.International Labour Day 国际劳动节(5月1日)
10.Chinese Youth Day 中国青年节(5月4日)
11.Nurses' Festival 护士节(5月12日)
12.Dragon Boat Festival 端午节(农历五月初五)
13.International Children's Day 国际儿童节(6月1日)
14.The Party's Brithday 中国共产党成立纪念日(7月1日)
15.The Army's Day 建军节(8月1日)
16.Mid-Autumn (Moon)Festival 中秋节(农历八月十五)
17.Teacher's Day 教师节(9月10日)
18.Double-ninth Day 重阳节(农历九月九日)
19.National Day 国庆节(10月1日)
20.New Year's Eve 除夕(农历十二月三十日)
浏览量:3
下载量:0
时间:
如今,扶梯已成为人们日常生活中不可或缺的设施。扶梯礼仪也成为现代都市文明的一面观察镜。你选择站左还是站右?一起来了解一下各国的电梯礼仪吧!
If you live in a big city, there are many things to drive you crazy on your daily commute, and it’s not just overcrowded subway trains.
如果你生活在大城市中,上下班路上常常会发生许多令人抓狂的事情,沙丁鱼罐头一般的地铁车厢只是其中之一罢了。
Vicky Zhao is a mainlander working in Hong Kong. For her, one thing she can’t put up with is people standing on the wrong side of the escalator in subway stations.
Vicky Zhao是一位在香港工作的大陆人。她不能容忍的是,地铁扶梯上人们总是站错位置。
“Escalators help us move faster and save time. It isn’t a place to rest,” the 24-year-old says. “I often see tourists block the way with their chunky suitcases or chitchatting on the escalators during rush hour. It annoys me to no end.”
24岁的她说:“电梯是提高我们出行效率、节省时间的,并非休息的地方。在上下班高峰时段,我经常看到许多游客用大件行李挡住了路,有的人还在电梯上闲聊家常,这让我不胜其烦。”
Admitting she is not the patient type, Zhao says things are much better in Hong Kong than in cities on the mainland where “stand right, walk left” signs are often ignored.
Vicky Zhao承认自己没什么耐心。她说:“香港的状况要比内地城市好得多,在内地‘左行右立’的标识形同虚设。”
The logic behind the “stand right, walk left” escalator etiquette seems obvious. Even though you may want to catch your breath and just wait while you’re transported up or down, you should still consider others and leave enough space for people in a hurry, so that they can run and catch the train.
“左行右立”这种扶梯礼仪背后的逻辑显而易见。即使你想在上下奔波的过程中喘口气,或者只是放缓脚步,你也应该替他人着想,为赶时间的人留下足够的空间,以便其疾行追赶列车。
Many cities’ escalators, including London’s and Beijing’s, use the “stand right, walk left” system to speed up the flow of people. (Australia is an exception and you should stand on the left side instead.) But some cities discourage people from moving on escalators out of safety reasons. In Hong Kong’s subway stations there are regular annoucements asking people to “stand still” on escalators. Even so, most people in this fast-paced metropolis observe the “stand right, walk left” etiquette.
在包括北京和伦敦在内的许多城市中,扶梯上会贴有“左行右立”标识来疏导人流。(澳大利亚是个例外,在那你应该靠左站立。)但一些城市出于安全考虑,禁止人们在扶梯上行走。例如,香港地铁就用站内广播就提示,禁止乘客在扶梯上走动。尽管如此,在这个快节奏的大都市里,大多数人还是会遵守“左行右立”的礼仪。
Perhaps this is because those who walk on escalators seem to have taken the moral high ground and like to accuse those who block the way of being inconsiderate.
这或许是因为在自动扶梯上行走的人们已经占领了道德高地,就喜欢指责那些挡路者的自私自利。
“Able-bodied people standing on the downward escalator are in effect robbing the people behind them of time,” says Hamilton Nolan, who writes for online forum Gawker and regularly uses the New York subway. He speaks the mind of many walkers.
纽约地铁的“常旅客”汉密尔顿•诺兰在网上论坛“高客网”上写道:“身强力壮的人乘坐下行电梯实际上是浪费了身后人们的时间。”一语道出了许多人的心声。
“Their presumptuous need for leisure may cause everyone behind them to miss a train they would have otherwise caught. Then those people are forced to stand and wait on a subway platform for many extra minutes. Those are precious minutes of life that none of us will get back.”
他说:“他们自以为是地认为人们应该放慢脚步,享受闲适,然而这可能导致身后所有人错过了本可以赶得上的列车。这些乘客不得不在站台上再多等几分钟。那些时间都是一去不复返的宝贵光阴啊!”
But the people who stand on escalators defend themselves by telling the walkers not to be so impatient. In a recent story about escalator etiquette, the BBC quotes one stander as saying: “If the person is in such a rush, why not just take the stairs? Even when the escalator is packed and there’s nowhere to move, I see these same people moaning and groaning about not being able to pass.”
但那些选择在扶梯上站立不动的乘客也有为自己辩护的理由,他们告诉那些行人不要那么没耐心。在最近一则有关扶梯礼仪的报道中,BBC援引了一位“站立者”的话:“如果十万火急,为何不选择走楼梯?即使在电梯人满为患、乘客无法动弹的情况下,我还是能看到那些着急的人嘟嘟囔囔地抱怨自己无法通过。”
Whatever the escalator etiquette is in the place you live or visit, do what most people are doing and always be mindful of others: leave enough space between each other, don’t linger at the end of the escalator, and if someone is blocking your way, a simple “excuse me” is enough.
无论你居住的城市还是旅行目的地奉行着怎样的扶梯礼仪,切记要“随大流”并时刻为他人着想:与他人之间保持礼貌距离;不要在扶梯两端徘徊;如果别人挡住了你的路,说一句友好的“借过”就可以了。
浏览量:3
下载量:0
时间: