为您找到与人们花费太多的钱买东西英语相关的共200个结果:
你知道搬东西的英语怎么读吗?一起来学习一下吧!
1. Did you get Monica's authorization to move all of her stuff?
你搬东西有没有得到莫尼卡的许可?
2. Come and help grandma with her things.
来帮奶奶搬东西.
3. Last night we hitched the horse to the cart and moved here.
昨晚我们套上马车,拉着东西搬到了这里。
4. She was always moving things around.
她老是将东西搬来搬去。
5. They dug up their New Jersey garden and moved it lock, stock, and barrel back home.
他们把在新泽西的花园刨了个遍,然后将里面的东西一样不落地搬回了家。
6. I heard that her husband had packed up his things and moved out.
我听说她丈夫已收拾了他的东西搬出去住了.
7. For a small consideration my friend will help you move your belongings to your new house.
给少量的报酬,我的朋友就会帮你把东西搬到你的新居去.
8. It's all part of a conspiracy to dispense with the town centre all together and move everything out to Meadowhall.
彻底抛开市中心而把所有东西都搬到梅多霍尔购物中心,这完全是一场阴谋的一部分.
9. " Get that thing off the track,'shouted the two policemen.
“ 把那东西从轨道上搬开, " 两个警察大声叫道.
10. " Clear out of this, now.
" 马上把这些东西搬开.
11. They stripped the house bare, ie removed everything from it.
他们把房子里的东西都搬空了.
12. He saw men carrying something out to it when he was yet a half - dozen blocks away.
他还在五六条横马路之外,就看见这里有人在往轨道上搬着什么东西.
13. In and out she ran to salvage her things until her hair caught fire.
最后她的头发也着火了,她才没有再跑进去搬拿东西.
14. Carrying the bags upstairs is half the battle. Then we only have to unpack them.
把袋子搬上楼就做了一大半工作, 后面的事只需把袋子打开,取出里面的东西就行了.
15. Do you need us to move anything off the stage?
需要我们把东西从台上搬下去 吗 ?
浏览量:2
下载量:0
时间:
当我们思考推理、追随灵感、寻求真相或阅读一本书时;当我们保护弱者与无助的人时;当我们尊敬高尚的人、心怀行善的愿望时;当我们为建设更美好的世界与他人合作时;我们的行为才使我们无愧于“人类”这个称呼。下面是读文网小编为大家带来英语经典美文:人们行善是为了什么?希望大家喜欢!
One's beliefs are revealed not so much in words or in formal creeds as in the assumptions on which one habitually acts and in the basic values by which all choices are tested.
人类的信仰并非全是通过言辞或形式的教条,以及对一个人行为习惯的设想或其做出选择所依据的价值观所体现出来的。
The cornerstone of my own value system was laid in childhood with parents who believed that personal integrity came first. They never asked, ”What will people think?” The question was,“What will you think of yourself, if you do this or fail to do that?” Thus, living up to one’s own conception of one’s self became a basic value, and the question, “What will people think,” took a subordinate place.
孩提时,父母的教诲正是我个人基本价值观的来源,他们相信人格是一切之首。他们从不问:“人们会怎么想?”而是问:“如果你做这件事而不做那件,你会怎么想?”因此,按自己的意愿生活便成为了最基本的价值观,而“人们会怎么想?”这个问题则退居二线。
A second basic value, in some ways an extension of the first, I owe to an old college professor, who had suffered more than his share of grief and trouble. Over and over he said to us, “The one thing that really matters is to be bigger than the things that can happen to you. Nothing that can happen to you is half so important that the way in which you end it.”
从某种程度上来说,第二条基础价值观就是对第一条的延伸,这是我从一位大学老教授那里了解到的。他所遭受的不幸与痛苦比常人要多得多。他不止一次地告诉我们:“你要比发生在你身上的苦难更为强大;面对不幸的态度比你所遭受的不幸更为重要。这一点很重要。”
Gradually I realized that here was the basis of the only really security and peace of mind that a human being can have. Nobody can be sure when disaster, disappointment, injustice, or humiliation, may come to him through no fault of his own. Nor can one be guaranteed against one’s own mistakes and failures. But the way we meet life is ours to choose. And when integrity, fortitude, dignity, and compassion are our choice, the things that can happen to us lose their power over us.
慢慢地,我了解到,这正是人类拥有真正安全感与平和心态的基础。即使自己并无任何过错,也没有人确切地知道,灾难、失望、不公或羞辱何时会降临到自己的头上,而且也没人敢保证自己不会犯错、不会失败。但是,我们可以选择面对生活的方式。当我们选择正直、坚韧、尊严与同情时,任何不幸的威胁都无法影响到我们。
The acceptance of these two basic values led to a third. If what one is and how one meets life are of first importance, one is not impressed by another's money, status, or power, nor does one judge people by their race, color, or social position. This opens up a whole new world of relationships, for when friendships are based on qualities of mind and character, one can have friends among old and young, rich and poor, famous and unknown, educated and unlettered, and among people of all races and all nations.
当你接受了前两条基本的价值观,也就能够接受这第三条。如果一个人坚持自我以及自己的生活方式,那他就不会为他人的金钱、地位与权利所动,也不会以人们的种族、肤色或社会地位来评价他们。全新的人际关系世界就此开启了。因为,当友谊基于思想与人品时,老人与青年、富人与穷人、名人与普通人、受过良好教育的人、目不识丁者,以及不同种族、不同民族的人们都能够成为你的朋友。
Given these three basic values, a fourth became inevitable. It is one's duty and obligation to help create a social order in which persons are more important than things, ideas more precious than gadgets, and in which individuals are judged on the basis of personal worth. Moreover, for this judgment to be fair, human beings must have an opportunity for the fullest development of which they are capable. One is thus led to work for a world of freedom and justice through those social agencies and institutions which make it possible for people everywhere to realize their highest potentialities.
有了上面三条基本的价值观,第四条自然就无法避免。它是一个人协助创造社会秩序的责任与义务。在这个社会秩序中,人比物重要,思想比精巧的器具重要,个人的价值是以人的基本原则为基础的。此外,为保证这个评判的公正,人类必须有机会全面发展自身的能力。于是,社会组织与机构便致力于使世界各地的人们认识到他们最大的潜能,并引导人们为创造一个自由公平的世界而工作。
Perhaps all this adds up to a belief in what has been called the human use of human beings. We are set off from the rest of the animal world by our capacity consciously to transcend our physical needs and desires. Men must concern themselves with food and with other physical needs, and they must protect themselves and their own from bodily harm, but these activities are not exclusively human. Many animals concern themselves with these things. When we worship, pray, or feel compassion, when we enjoy a painting, a sunset or a sonata, when we think and reason, pursue ideas, seek truth, or read a book, when we protect the weak and helpless, when we honor the noble and cherish the good, when we cooperate with our fellow men to build a better world, our behavior is worthy of our status as human beings
也许,所有这一切加起来就形成了一种信仰,那就是人类如何实现自我价值。我们人类之所以优于动物,是因为人拥有自觉控制自身需求与欲望的能力。人类必须考虑食物与自身的需求,必须保护自身与亲人不受伤害,但是这些行为并不只限于人类。很多动物都拥有这方面的本能。当我们膜拜、祈祷或感动时;当我们欣赏画作、夕阳或奏鸣曲时;当我们思考推理、追随灵感、寻求真相或阅读一本书时;当我们保护弱者与无助的人时;当我们尊敬高尚的人、心怀行善的愿望时;当我们为建设更美好的世界与他人合作时;我们的行为才使我们无愧于“人类”这个称呼。
浏览量:2
下载量:0
时间:
花费:因使用而消耗掉。那么,你知道花费的英语怎么说吗?
我负责偿还他们为我而用的全部花费。
I undertook to indemnify them for expenses incurred on my behalf.
完成这个工程花费了他们十亿多美元。
It took them more than one billion dollars to complete the project.
组织这样大规模的聚会要花费许多时间和精力。
The organization of such a large-scale party takes a lot of time and energy.
花费用英语怎么说
勿做不必要的花费。
Don't involve yourself in unnecessary expense.
修理教堂结构的花费非常大。
The cost of repairing the fabric of the church was very high.
对我来说,拥有一辆汽车的花费太大。
It's too much of an expense for me to own a car.
符石的制作花费现在将被退还,如果你选择升级那种符石的话。(的理解是,你先吃块体质10石头,花费2点,然后你还可以吃体质30石头,这时候先前吃10体质时花费那2点会被退回,不知道我的理解是否正确。
Creation costs for runes will now be refunded if you apply an upgrade to that rune.
对时间花费在哪里,及如何花费的进行关键性的审阅。
Perform a critical review of where and how time is spent.
实际的资源花费相比已计划的花费是可接受的。
Actual resource expenditure versus planned expenditure is acceptable.
我们希望收入和花费的数字正好相抵。
We wish that the figures for income and costs balance out.
我权衡了医疗保险的好处和它的花费。
I balanced the benefits against the costs of medical insurance.
她在镜子前花费好几个钟头梳理她的长发。
She spent hours in front of the mirror, combing through her long hair.
我要花费一个月才能收集好我写书所需要的全部材料。
It'll take a month to get together all the materials I need for my book.
我们必须紧缩一点,我们花费太多了。
We must drawn in a bit;we're spending too much.
然后我们花费了所有的时间在所有这些媒体上面。
And then there’s all the time we spend on all this media.
你将不必花费很多时间在每个过程组上。
You will not have to spend much time on each.
到达那里花费我几乎一个小时。
It takes me almost an hour to get there.
当然,这花费时间。
Yes, this takes time.
在工作中我们花费了大多数的时间,那么为什么不最大限度地利用它呢?
We spend most of our time at work—so why not make it the most out of it?
无论如何,必须跟客户和供应商明确是否他们(或你)应该花费时间、精力和金钱。
Regardless, be clear with customers and suppliers on whether they (or you)should be spending time, effort, or money.
这可能会花费时间,但是“我该做什么”这个问题的答案是一直在那儿的。
It may take time, but the answer to the question ‘what should I do’ is always there.
你要知道,你花费的每一分钟都是一项重要的投资。
Every minute of time you spend should be seen as an investment.
如果要对这个话题发表看法,你就应该进入那个世界进行研究,要去了解那些人,在那里花费时间。
If you have something to say about it, you should go into that world and study itand get to know those people and spend time there.
如果我在某些月份花费更多的钱去备货,那么我们在其他月的消费就少了。
If I spend more to stock up in some months, then I should be able to spend lessduring other months.
以上唯一的区别就是你怎么选择花费你的时间。
The only difference is how you choose to spend your time.
问题的关键是我们将时间花费在什么上面,和我们怎样消耗我们的精力。
The key is what we are spending our time on, and how we are expending ourenergy.
在“想要的”和“必须的”里面各加一列,这样就可以了解花费到哪里去了。
Add each column in the wants and needs section to get an understanding ofwhere you spend.
一旦我解释说不是免费的“但是收费不会超过在喝咖啡或者抽烟方面的花费...”
Once I explained that it was not free, "but for less than you spend on coffee orcigarettes...
我意思是,来吧老爸,我不知道你是谁,或者你在哪里或者你做什么或者任何事情,但是来吧,做一分钟爸爸,用不写那个句子所花费的那么长的时间。
I mean, come on dad, I don’t know who you are, or where you are or what you door anything, but come on, be a dad for a minute. For as long as it takes not towrite that sentence.
浏览量:2
下载量:0
时间:
下面是读文网小编为大家带来英语经典美文:你生活中的人们,希望大家喜欢!
People come into your life for a reason, a season, or a lifetime. When you figure out which one it is, you will know what to do for each person.
人们走进你的生活,或者是为了一个原因,或者他们只停留一段时期,或者他们永远与你相随。一旦明晓其中究竟,你就知道该如何面对他们了。
When someone is in your life for a REASON, it is usually to meet a need you have expressed. They have come to assist you through a difficulty, to provide you with guidance and support, to aid you physically, emotionally, or spiritually.
有的人出现在你的生活中是有原因的,通常他们填补了你流露出来的需要:帮你渡过难关,指点和支持你,切实地在情感上、精神上帮助你。
They are there for the reason you need them to be. Then, without any wrongdoing on your part, or at an inconvenient time, this person will say or do something to bring the relationship to an end. Sometimes they walk away. Sometimes they act up and force you to take a stand. Sometimes they die.
他们出现是因为你需要他们。然后在一个你无可引咎而又不便的时候,这人说了什么或者做了什么令你们终止了这段关系。有时候他们离你而去,有时候他们冒出歪理而逼得你要奋起反抗,有时候是因为他们逝世。
What we must realize is that our need has been met, our desire fulfilled, their work is done. Your need has been answered, and now it is time to move on.
我们必需认识到,自己的需要已经满足了,愿望已经实现了,他们的工作也就完成了。你的需要得到了回应,接着的是要继续前行。
When people come into your life for a SEASON, it is because your turn has come to share, grow, or learn. They bring you an experience of peace, or make you laugh. They may teach you something you have never done. They usually give you an unbelievable amount of joy. Believe it! It is real! But, only for a season.
有的人在你的生活中只会停留一段时期,那是因为你到了这样的一个时候:成长、学习,并和别人一起分享你的世界。他们让你体会平和,也让你欢笑。他们可能也教会你做一些从没做过的事情。他们常能给你带来无数欢乐。相信这一点!这是真的!可这,只能维持一段时间。
LIFETIME relationships teach you lifetime lessons; things you must build upon in order to have a solid emotional foundation. Your job is to accept the lesson, love the person, and put what you have learned to use in all other relationships and areas of your life. It is said that love is blind but friendship is clairvoyant.
持续一生的情谊将令你终生受益;一点一滴地努力吧,建造一个坚不可摧的感情基础。你要做的只是去接受经验,对一生相随的人付出关爱,并将你所学到应用到生命中的其他关系和方方面面中。爱情令人盲目,而友谊能醍醐灌顶,据说如此。
浏览量:3
下载量:0
时间:
出国旅游,即使没有一口流利的英语,了解一些常用的旅游英语口语也是很有必要的!今天读文网小编在这里为大家分享一些国外买东西必会的实用英语,希望这些实用口语会对大家有所帮助!
AThat dress is too expensive.
这衣服真贵。
BBut it’s so pretty.
但是很漂亮呀.
AYes, it is pretty, but it costs $200. What about this one? It’s almost the same, but it costs half as much.
是很漂亮,但要200美元噢。这个怎么样?款式几乎一样,但只要一半的价钱。
BIt’s not the same. It’s completely different.
这个不同,完全不同。
AIt’s just a little shorter.
只是短一些
BI really like this one.
我真的很喜欢这个。
AWell, it’s your money. You can spend it however you want. Do you really think it’s pretty?
好吧,反正是你自己的钱。想怎么花就怎么花。你真的觉得这个漂亮。
BYeah. It’s pretty.
是的,很漂亮。
浏览量:2
下载量:0
时间:
无论是新移民还是老移民,亦或是去美国旅游购物,到商场购物是不可避免的事情,但是商场工作人员都是说的英语可能让新移民听的一头雾水,所以在美国购物,这几句英文你一定要会说,要能听懂,这样才能在美国商场中顺利购物。
May I help you? 我能为你效劳吗?
Where are the shopping baskets? 购物篮在哪里?
I need a shopping cart. 我需要一辆购物车。
It is at the entrance. 就在入口处。
Here, take one of these trolleys. 在这,取一辆手推车。
Are you looking for something particular? 您需要什么东西?
What do you want exactly? 你到底想买些什么?
Where's the meat counter? 肉柜台在哪里?
Where can I find the diary products? 乳制品在哪儿?
Where are the dairy products? 乳制品在哪儿?
They are on the chelf right behind you. 就在你身后的货架上。
Which aisle are the canned goods at? 罐头产品在哪条通道?
At what aisle is the frozen food? 冷冻食品在哪条通道?
Do you remember which aisle this was at? 你记得这货物在哪条货道里吗?
In aisle 3. 在第三通道。
Can anyone tell me where I can buy the ingredients to make Chinese food? 谁能告诉我哪里可以买到做中国菜的原材料?
Excuse me, where is the fruit and vegetable section? 打搅一下,水果蔬菜区在哪里?
The fruit and vegetables are over there. 水果和蔬菜在那边。
Go all the way to the back and turn right. 往里走到头然后右转。
Thank you. 谢谢您。
I'd like some bananas. 我想要些香蕉。
How much dose this meat weight? 这肉有多重?
Could you weight this? 你能称一下这个吗?
Slice me half a kilo of beef. 给我切一斤牛肉。
Give me a pound of tomatoes and a pound of eggplants. 给我一磅番茄和一磅茄子。
OK. Anyting else? 好的,还要其它的吗?
Do you sell organic vegetables here? 你们卖有机蔬菜吗?
Yes, we do. They're right in front of you. 有的,就在你面前。
You should have a sign. That way people could identify which are organic and which aren't. 你们应该要有标识,让顾客知道哪些是有机蔬菜,那些不是。
The organic vegetables are marked with the blue label. Here, do you see? 有机蔬菜都有蓝色的标签。在这里,看到了吗?
They're labeled on the packet. 它们在包装上有标示。
There is no price on this item. 这上面没有标价。
This item is not priced. 这上面没有标价。
We need to buy some soya sauce. Which aisle is the soya sauce in? 我们想买一些酱油,酱油在哪一个通道?
That would be in aisle 7, with the condiments. It is right next to the ketchup. 在第七走道,和调味品一起,就在番茄酱的旁边。
We have a clearance sale today. 我们今天清仓大处理。
The price will go down. 价格将会下降。
Do you have this in stock? 这个还有存货吗?
Do you have more of this item in stock? 这种商品还有存货吗?
I'm afraid We don't have it in stock. 恐怕已经没有存货了。
I'm afraid we're out of that item. 恐怕那种货已经卖完了。
Sorry. It's out of stock now. 对不起,已经脱销了。
Easy to use and great value too. 好用实惠,物美价廉。
浏览量:2
下载量:0
时间:
笑话是日常生活中人们消遣娱乐的一种常见语言现象,其目的在于在会话过程中传递和激发幽默感。
When Peter is 17, he is as tall as his father. So he begins toborrow his father’s clothes when he wants to go out with his friends in the evening. Father doesn’t like this. And he always gets very angry when he finds his son wearing any of his things.
One evening when Peter is about to go out,his father stops him in the living room. He looks at Peter’s clothes very carefully. Then he says angrily, “Isn’t that one of my ties, Peter?”
皮特17岁的时候,长得和父亲一样高了。于是,当他晚上和朋友一起出去时,就开始借父亲的衣服穿。可是这位父亲可不喜欢这样,当他发现他的儿子穿他的衣服时,总是非常生气。
一天晚上,皮特准备出去,父亲在客厅里拦住了他。父亲细细打量着皮特的穿着。然后气呼呼的说着;“皮特,那不是我的领带吗?”
“Yes, Father, it is,” answers Peter.
“And that shirt is mine, too.”
皮特回答说:“是的,父亲,是您的领带。”
“还有那衬衫也是我的。”
“Yes, that’s your, too.” answers Peter.
“And you’re wearing my belt!”
“是的,衬衫也是您的。”皮特回答说。
“还有呢,你连皮带也用我的。”父亲说。
“Yes, I am, father,” answers Peter, “You don’t want to your trousers to fall down, do you?”
“是的,父亲,”皮特回答说,“您不愿意让您的裤子掉下来吧?”
浏览量:1
下载量:0
时间:
摘要:下面的这些东西,无论我们何时得到,对我们来说都是幸运的。我知道,它们并不是放之四海而皆准的。但我也意识到,对很多人来说,这25件小事对于处理成人生活每天的细节来说都是很重要的。这些是照顾好我们自己、我们的生活、和我们有关的人的方法。不仅要去认识自己,还要采取相应的行动。
Many of these are things that we’ll be lucky to attain at any point in our lives. They’re not all universally applicable, this I realize. But I also realize that for many people, they are 25 little things that are important for dealing with the ins and outs of everyday adult life. These are ways to take care of ourselves, our lives, and the people in them, and not only to know ourselves, but to act on that knowledge as well.
1. A room of your own. I would say apartment or other kind of space, but sometimes that’s not financially feasible, and that’s okay. Regardless, at the minimum, everybody needs their own room. Your own space to be weird and cry and be alone or be alone with someone.
下面的这些东西,无论我们何时得到,对我们来说都是幸运的。我知道,它们并不是放之四海而皆准的。但我也意识到,对很多人来说,这25件小事对于处理成人生活每天的细节来说都是很重要的。这些是照顾好我们自己、我们的生活、和我们有关的人的方法。不仅要去认识自己,还要采取相应的行动。
自己的房间。公寓或类似的空间就行,但有时从经济的角度来说是不可行的,那也没关系。但无论如何,每个人都需要自己的房间。你可以在自己的房间里举止怪异、哭、或和他人单独相处。
2. A worldview that isn’t a carbon copy of what your parents taught you nor derived from the experiences you’ve only read about in a textbook.
自己的世界观。不是你父母教给你的,也不能从教科书中的经验获得的。
25岁前每个人都应该拥有的25件东西
3. A person to call when things gets rough and a plan of action for the days where you need to be refueled in the human ways that aren’t easily bought or attained.
一个值得信赖的人:当遇到困难时可以给对方打电话;当你需要加油打气时,可以帮你制定行动计划;这些都是不容易买到或得到的。
4. A savings account with at least a month or so of living expenses. This might sound unattainable if finances aren’t looking great right now but it’s more than crucial to make it work somehow. The importance of this usually isn’t recognized until it’s the reason you’re eating or not out on the street one day after you lose your job.
一个至少留下一个月左右的生活费用的银行账户。如果财政状况不理想,这听起来很难做到。但是用某种方式来实现它至关重要。平时通常不会意识到它的重要性,但是当有一天你失去工作后,那你就会意识到这有多重要了:至少这能保证你有饭吃,也不至于露宿街头。
5. Clothing that will serve you in appropriate circumstances– funerals, weddings, work. A winter jacket, a rain coat. Not just things that are flimsy and unpractical, though they have their place and time as well. Because the last thing you want to do on the day of the wake of someone you deeply cared about is worry about what you are going to wear.
在适当的环境下可以穿的衣服——葬礼、婚礼、工作时。冬天的夹克、雨衣。不要光有易坏和不实用的东西,虽然在某一时刻某一场所也需要它们。因为在你给深深牵挂的人守夜那天,你最不想做的事情就是担心自己该穿什么。
6. A relationship that functions outside of anything digital. To not deny ourselves the need for person-to-person connectivity.
一段不需要数字科技产品就能运转的感情。不要否认:你需要面对面的交流。
7. A favorite book, artist and YouTube channel.
一本最喜欢的书、艺术家或YouTube频道。
8. To know how to order a drink at the bar.
了解如何在酒吧里点喝的。
9. A relationship behind you that you can laugh about, and which makes you grateful for how far you’ve come.
一段可以让你自嘲的恋爱史,它会让你感激如今一路走来的你。
10. An email address, bank account and journal that nobody else has access to.
其他人无权访问的电子邮件地址、银行账户和日记。
11. A plunger, screwdriver, duct tape, jumper cables and the number of your local whoever is a professional at doing anything one would use those things for.
水拔子、螺丝刀、胶带、跳接线和本地擅长使用这些东西的人的电话号码。
12. The ability to ask somebody on a date, take them somewhere nice, treat them right, not stress too much over what you wear to said occasion and be able to hold an interesting conversation with them.
邀请别人约会、带他们去适合的地方和恰当地款待他们的能力,不用过分强调要穿什么,但能和他们进行有趣的对话。
13. Your own doctor, with whom you feel comfortable discussing your medical needs and issues, and the ability to receive the medication/birth control/whatever you want or need without anybody else having to know about it.
你自己的医生。你可以很舒服地和他讨论你的医疗需求和问题,能进行药物治疗、节育、或任何你想要的治疗,而无需让别人知道。
14. Go-to clothing staples that are shining little emblems of who you really are, of which were chosen and bought not because they were a trend but because they fit in more ways than just size.
能体现出自己品味的常用的衣服店,选择并买衣服,不是因为是流行趋势,而是因为它们不仅仅尺寸合适,而且能体现自我。
15. A list of things you’d like to do in your life, none of which involves attaining masses of wealth or other means of success that are fleeting and shallow.
有生之年你想做的事情清单,其中不包括获得巨额财产或其他短暂而肤浅的事情。
16. A basic opinion/belief regarding religion or spirituality, even if it’s that you’re researching options or that you don’t believe in anything at all. Having a stance, regardless of what it is, is what’s important.
关于宗教或精神信仰的基本观点,即便是你正在研究或你是无神论者。拥有立场,无论这个立场是什么,重要的是拥有它。
17. Measuring cups, a pot deep enough to boil water in, a spatula, a frying pan and other basic cooking materials that virtually every meal that isn’t Easy Mac or cereal requires.
量杯、一口足够深可以让水沸腾的锅、一个锅铲、一个平底锅和其他基本的烹调用具,这样就不用每顿饭都吃通心面或麦片了。
18. A signature recipe, plates for more than just two people to eat with, a bottle opener and the knowledge of where they sell the best wine in the area.
一份有特色的食谱、两人以上可用的碟子、开瓶器,并知道本地哪里有卖最好的红酒。
19. A simple luxury that you fund yourself, and the realization and acknowledgement that said thing is indeed a luxury.
自己攒钱买的一件简单的奢侈品,以及对这件东西是奢侈品的基本认知。
20. The ability to use personal/vacation days without feeling guilty, and the knowledge of how they’d most effectively be used for one’s mental, physical or emotional benefit.
能自己度假而不感到内疚,知道这样对你的精神、身体或情感来说有很多益处。
21. A way to have fun again.
玩得开心的方法。
22. To get rid of scales and stop measuring lives by numbers: salaries, houses owned, things accomplished, degrees hanging on the wall, etc. Because usually, nothing really worth having can be measured numerically.
摆脱计量的能力,不再用数字来衡量生活:薪水、房子的数量、完成的事情、挂在墙上的学位证等。因为通常情况下,值得拥有的东西没什么能用数字来衡量。
23. To have eaten a meal, seen a movie, taken a walk and fallen asleep by yourself– and to have been content, if not happy, with doing so.
自己吃顿饭、看场电影、散散步、熟睡——如果不开心的话,这样做你会安心。
24. The ability to put things in perspective, to let go when it’s appropriate, fight harder when it’s necessary, listen to people rather than just hear them, and consider opinions that aren’t congruent with your own.
能正确地看待事物、在适当的时刻放手、必要的时候努力抗争,倾听别人而不只是听他们说,考虑和自己想法不同的意见。
25. To have given yourself to someone, and not expected anything in return.
对别人付出,并不期望任何回报。
浏览量:2
下载量:0
时间:
想给特别的人买完美的礼物?还是要买给自己一份奖励?这儿有一些有用的表达方式,能帮你在逛商场或是流连在精致小店时找到你所寻找的东西。
I'd like a gift receipt for this. 根据你的要求,大多数的商店可以提供一张gift receipt,上面没有任何的价钱。因此,如果你的朋友觉得你的礼物不合适,他或她可以随时调换。但是,如果不这样的话,他们将永远不知道你付了多少钱!
Can I get a price check for this? 找不到你看的商品的价格?那就问售货员这个问题,他或她会为你查价格。
What's your return policy? 在你买礼物之前,要问清楚售货员你买的东西可不可以退或怎样可以换。
Do you provide gift-wrapping? 没有时间为你买的礼物包装?别着急,许多商店为他们的顾客特别是在繁忙的假日期间提供包装服务。
I'm just looking. 当你走入一家店时,促销员都会问你想买什么,如果你还不知道你想买什么,这是对"Can I help you find anything?"最佳回答。
Where are your fitting rooms? 如果你看到中意的衣服,当然要试穿一下,你就可以向售货员提出这个问题。 然而在英国,你要问的应该是changing rooms。
Does this come in other colors? 如果你发现你很喜欢某件商品,但想要不同的颜色,就问售货员这个问题。
Do you have this in other sizes? 你找到了绝佳的假日服装,但却没找到你的尺码!用上面的问题询问售货员,他或她就有可能向你提供最合适的着装。
Do you have any of these in stock? 你看到橱窗中有,但是商品区却没有这种商品。去问营业员是否有left in stock,可能储藏室还有些呢。
Can I put this on hold? 不确定你是否找到了最好的礼物?只要让售货员"put it on hold",那么他们会将商品为你保留一到两天。那样的话,在你继续到处看看的时候那件商品也不至于马上消失。
浏览量:2
下载量:0
时间:
What Are People Good For
人们行善是为了什么?
One's beliefs are revealed not so much in words or in formal creeds as in the assumptions on which one habitually acts and in the basic values by which all choices are tested.
The cornerstone of my own value system was laid in childhood with parents who believed that personal integrity came first. They never asked, ”What will people think?” The question was,“What will you think of yourself, if you do this or fail to do that?” Thus, living up to one’s own conception of one’s self became a basic value, and the question, “What will people think,” took a subordinate place.
人类的信仰并非全是通过言辞或形式的教条,以及对一个人行为习惯的设想或其做出选择所依据的价值观所体现出来的。
孩提时,父母的教诲正是我个人基本价值观的来源,他们相信人格是一切之首。他们从不问:“人们会怎么想?”而是问:“如果你做这件事而不做那件,你会怎么想?”因此,按自己的意愿生活便成为了最基本的价值观,而“人们会怎么想?”这个问题则退居二线。
A second basic value, in some ways an extension of the first, I owe to an old college professor, who had suffered more than his share of grief and trouble. Over and over he said to us, “The one thing that really matters is to be bigger than the things that can happen to you. Nothing that can happen to you is half so important that the way in which you end it.”
Gradually I realized that here was the basis of the only really security and peace of mind that a human being can have. Nobody can be sure when disaster, disappointment, injustice, or humiliation, may come to him through no fault of his own. Nor can one be guaranteed against one’s own mistakes and failures. But the way we meet life is ours to choose. And when integrity, fortitude, dignity, and compassion are our choice, the things that can happen to us lose their power over us.
从某种程度上来说,第二条基础价值观就是对第一条的延伸,这是我从一位大学老教授那里了解到的。他所遭受的不幸与痛苦比常人要多得多。他不止一次地告诉我们:“你要比发生在你身上的苦难更为强大;面对不幸的态度比你所遭受的不幸更为重要。这一点很重要。”
慢慢地,我了解到,这正是人类拥有真正安全感与平和心态的基础。即使自己并无任何过错,也没有人确切地知道,灾难、失望、不公或羞辱何时会降临到自己的头上,而且也没人敢保证自己不会犯错、不会失败。但是,我们可以选择面对生活的方式。当我们选择正直、坚韧、尊严与同情时,任何不幸的威胁都无法影响到我们。
The acceptance of these two basic values led to a third. If what one is and how one meets life are of first importance, one is not impressed by another's money, status, or power, nor does one judge people by their race, color, or social position. This opens up a whole new world of relationships, for when friendships are based on qualities of mind and character, one can have friends among old and young, rich and poor, famous and unknown, educated and unlettered, and among people of all races and all nations.
Given these three basic values, a fourth became inevitable. It is one's duty and obligation to help create a social order in which persons are more important than things, ideas more precious than gadgets, and in which individuals are judged on the basis of personal worth. Moreover, for this judgment to be fair, human beings must have an opportunity for the fullest development of which they are capable. One is thus led to work for a world of freedom and justice through those social agencies and institutions which make it possible for people everywhere to realize their highest potentialities.
当你接受了前两条基本的价值观,也就能够接受这第三条。如果一个人坚持自我以及自己的生活方式,那他就不会为他人的金钱、地位与权利所动,也不会以人们的种族、肤色或社会地位来评价他们。全新的人际关系世界就此开启了。因为,当友谊基于思想与人品时,老人与青年、富人与穷人、名人与普通人、受过良好教育的人、目不识丁者,以及不同种族、不同民族的人们都能够成为你的朋友。
有了上面三条基本的价值观,第四条自然就无法避免。它是一个人协助创造社会秩序的责任与义务。在这个社会秩序中,人比物重要,思想比精巧的器具重要,个人的价值是以人的基本原则为基础的。此外,为保证这个评判的公正,人类必须有机会全面发展自身的能力。于是,社会组织与机构便致力于使世界各地的人们认识到他们最大的潜能,并引导人们为创造一个自由公平的世界而工作。
Perhaps all this adds up to a belief in what has been called the human use of human beings. We are set off from the rest of the animal world by our capacity consciously to transcend our physical needs and desires. Men must concern themselves with food and with other physical needs, and they must protect themselves and their own from bodily harm, but these activities are not exclusively human. Many animals concern themselves with these things. When we worship, pray, or feel compassion, when we enjoy a painting, a sunset or a sonata, when we think and reason, pursue ideas, seek truth, or read a book, when we protect the weak and helpless, when we honor the noble and cherish the good, when we cooperate with our fellow men to build a better world, our behavior is worthy of our status as human beings
也许,所有这一切加起来就形成了一种信仰,那就是人类如何实现自我价值。我们人类之所以优于动物,是因为人拥有自觉控制自身需求与欲望的能力。人类必须考虑食物与自身的需求,必须保护自身与亲人不受伤害,但是这些行为并不只限于人类。很多动物都拥有这方面的本能。当我们膜拜、祈祷或感动时;当我们欣赏画作、夕阳或奏鸣曲时;当我们思考推理、追随灵感、寻求真相或阅读一本书时;当我们保护弱者与无助的人时;当我们尊敬高尚的人、心怀行善的愿望时;当我们为建设更美好的世界与他人合作时;我们的行为才使我们无愧于“人类”这个称呼。
浏览量:2
下载量:0
时间:
下面是读文网小编整理的买东西必会的实用英语, 希望对大家有帮助。
1、Hey, don't try to rip me off. I know what this is worth. 别想宰我,我识货。
2、Can you give me a little deal on this? 这能卖得便宜一点吗?
3、 Can you give me this for cheaper? 能便宜一点给我吗?
4、Is there any discount on bulk purchases? 我多买些能打折吗?
5、Give me a discount. 给我打个折吧。
6、How much do you want for this? 这件东西你想卖多少钱?
7、If you don't give me a better price, I won't buy this.如果价格不更优惠些,我是不会买的。
8、I can get this cheaper at other places. 这样东西我在别的地方可以买到更便宜的。
9、What's the lowest you're willing to go? 最低你能出什么价?
10、Come on, give me a break on this. 别这样,你就让点儿价吧。
注解:
1、 买东西是被宰,所以不管是不是行家都要先造出声势,用这句话镇住卖家。“Rip someone off”意为某商店或商贩企图宰它的顾客,敲竹杠。如:“The shop tried to rip me off, but I taught them a good lesson.”(那个商店企图宰我,结果让我教训了一顿)。如果真的被狠宰了一下,你当然还可以说,“I was ripped off.”或者“I was cleaned out.”第二句,有被骗得很惨的意思。
2、 2-3、大家都希望买到物廉价美的东西,所以就免不了要讨价还价。这两句话往往能使你少花些钱。你要注意的是这样的问题一般只在“market”(市场)这些地方问,像“shopping mall”(购物中心),“supermarket”(超市)和“department store”(百货商场)里说这样的话,就不太合适,因为除了大型商品,一般物品是不打折的。
3、 4-5、“Bulk purchases”就是“大量地购买”,等于“buy something in bulk”。“discount”是折扣的意思。平时在商店里常出现的表示打折的牌子是“on sale”。专门卖廉价物品的商店叫“bargain store”,店里卖廉价商品的柜台叫“bargain counter”。原来表示打折的英文还挺多的,原来这些西文人的商业头脑也挺发达。
6、这句话一般是买者问的。如果是在可以讲价的地方,卖主可能会反问你,“How much do you want to pay for this?”
7、 教大家一个讨价还价的秘诀,就是用个“if”从句,即加一个条件,再加一个由这个条件带来的结果。“A better price”就是“a cheaper price”。
8、“Cheap”这个词挺有意思的,“cheap”是“便宜”。如果说某人“cheap”,大致上有两种含义,都不太好。一个意思是指人很小气,吝啬鬼是“tightwad”或“penny-pincher”;另一个意思是“卑微的”、“有失身份的”,“If you wear like that, you will look cheap.”(要是穿成那样,你看起来挺有失身份的。)
9、这句话问的是最低价钱,应该是出自卖者之口了。“Go”就是 “charge me”。然而,如果卖者的开价还是太高,你可以说“Could you go up a little?”。如果你的出价太低,卖者接受不了,他/她也可以相应地说“Could you go up a little?”。这里的“go”却是“pay”的意思了。
10、“Give someone a break”的意思是“give someone a chance”。在不同的语境中,这个词组可以有不同的解释。在这句话里,指的是“让价”。另外如你友写信,你的室友却想让你帮他打水,你就可以对他说,“Give me a break, buddy, I'm busy right now.”(老兄,别烦我,我正忙着呢。)
浏览量:2
下载量:0
时间:
硕士研究生考研英语完型填空题及答案(2024)
为了让考研的同学更高效地复习考研英语,小编考研频道已经整理出了2024年考研英语完型填空试题和答案。如果你正在准备考研,不妨了解一下这些资料,希望它们能对你的备考有所帮助。
考研的考场分配根据考生的所在地以及报考学校等进行安排,在职人员考研时,考场一般都会分配在户籍所在地或工作单位所在地。
考研报考同一学校的考生理论上是分配在一个考点,甚至是同一考场的。考研报考同一学校的相同专业和不同专业是一起考试的。因为考研的考点、考场分配是实行统一管理,采取统一分配的原则,便于管理。
考研考场还有另外的分配方法,是划分考研的考场、考点时先按照各省、各市进行统一划分,然后是按照学校进行划分,再次是按照专业进行划分。
总之就是考研考场怎么分配对于考生的影响不大,考生只需要按照准考证所指示的前往指定考点进行考试即可,并且携带相关证件。
浏览量:4
下载量:0
时间:
考研英语2024备考复习技巧
考研英语分为英语一,英语二。考研英语一和英语二的题型都有英语知识运用、阅读理解和写作。以下是小编为大家收集的关于考研英语2024备考复习技巧的相关内容,供大家参考!
1、考研英语二的总考试时长是180分钟。
2、第一部分的20个选择题,可以安排20分钟。
3、第二部分的A节安排75分钟,B节安排25分钟。预计总时长是100分钟。
4、第三部分的英译汉,安排20分钟。
5、第四部分的Part A安排15分钟,Part B安排25分钟。预计总时长是40分钟。
浏览量:4
下载量:0
时间:
2023年成人高考专升本英语真题及答案(详解)
成人高考,作为一项国家级的大型考试,承载着无数考生的梦想和期望。经过一上午努力奋斗,2023年10月份成人高考英语科目已经考完,下面小编为大家整理了2023年成人高考专升本英语真题及答案,这些都是由考生回忆整理的,仅供参考!
成人高考英语是必考科目,相对四级英语来说,成考英语的难度要低一些,介于三级到四级之间。很多成考生都没有长期的学习英语,所以刚开始学习难度可能会比较大,但是不用担心,只要坚持学习一段时间,慢慢的我们的学习能力就会加强的。
学习英语尽量开口说,就算记生词也是。把握正确念法,才能帮助记住一个单词。多找文章大声朗诵。成考英语学习没有捷径,学会学习,才能更好地提高复习效率。成人高考属于成人教育的一种,考生几乎都是在职人士,国家自然会有所考量,作为国家选拔人才的一种方式,成人高考采用宽进严出的方式,考试难度并不大。
浏览量:4
下载量:0
时间:
义务教育教科书北师大版英语(三年级起点)三年级上册高清
义务教育教科书·英语(三年级起点)三年级上册是人民教育出版社出版的,为了帮助 大家更好的学习。以下是小编为大家收集的关于义务教育教科书北师大版英语(三年级起点)三年级上册的相关内容,供大家参考!
北师大版义务教育教科书·数学·一年级·下册
北师大版义务教育教科书·数学·二年级·下册
北师大版义务教育教科书·数学·三年级·上册
北师大版义务教育教科书·数学·四年级·上册
北师大版义务教育教科书·数学·五年级·上册
北师大版义务教育教科书·数学·六年级·上册
北师大版义务教育教科书·语文·一年级·上册
北师大版义务教育教科书·语文·二年级·上册
北师大版义务教育教科书·语文·三年级·上册
北师大版义务教育教科书·语文·四年级·上册
浏览量:3
下载量:0
时间:
人教PEP版小学3年级英语上册(电子课本)
人教版PEP版的教材设计更加科学,提倡“以话为主,以书为辅”的教学理念,更侧重实践,让学生在实践中学习,而人教版则更侧重说说,让学生在许多练习中掌握英语的基本知识和技能。以下是小编为大家收集的关于人教PEP版小学3年级英语上册的相关内容,供大家参考!
(1) 祈使句有两种类型,一种是以动词原形开头,在动词原形之前加do (但只限于省略第二人称主语的句子)。
Take this seat.
Do be careful.
否定结构:
Don't move.
Don't be late.
(2) 第二种祈使句以let开头。
Let 的反意疑问句
a、 Let's 包括说话者
Let's have another try,shall we / shan't we?
= Shall we have another try?
b、Let us 不包括说话者
Let us have another try,will you / won't you?
= Will you please let us have another try?
否定结构:
Let's not talk of that matter.
Let us not talk of that matter.
浏览量:3
下载量:0
时间: