为您找到与中英双语美文欣赏相关的共200个结果:
优美的文字于细微处传达出美感,并浸润着人们的心灵。通过英语美文,不仅能够感受语言之美,领悟语言之用,还能产生学习语言的兴趣。度过一段美好的时光,即感悟生活,触动心灵。下面是读文网小编为大家带来英语美文欣赏中英双语,希望大家喜欢!
The love world is big, which can hold hundreds of disappointments;
the love world is small which is crowded even with three people inside.
原来爱情的世界很大,大到可以装下上百种委屈;
原来爱情的世界很小,小到三个人就挤到窒息。
To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world.
对于世界而言,你是一个人;但是对于某个人,你是他的整个世界。
Don’t waste your time on a man/woman, who isn’t willing to waste their time on you.
不要为那些不愿在你身上花费时间的人而浪费你的时间。
Don’t try so hard, the best things come when you least expect them to.
不要着急,最好的总会在最不经意的时候出现。
Maybe God wants us to meet a few wrong people before meeting the right one,
so that when we finally meet the person, we will know how to be grateful.
在遇到梦中人之前,上天也许会安排我们先遇到别的人;
在我们终于遇见心仪的人时,便应当心存感激。
It is better bo have love and lost than never to have loved at all.
宁可曾经爱过而失败,也不要从来未曾有过一次爱。
Love me little, love me long.
爱不贵亲密,而贵长久。
To live in a world without you is more painful than any punishment.
Do you know that no one can replace you in my heart?
生活在没有的你的世界,比任何一种惩罚都要痛苦,
你知道吗,对我而言,你是任何人都无法取代的。
If love is a mountain, then if men go up,
more women they will see while women will see fewer men.
如果爱情像座山,那么男人越往上走可以俯视的女人就越多,
而女人越往上走可以仰视的男人就越少。
Love makes man grow up or sink down.
爱情,要么让人成熟,要么让人堕落。
The only thing you can do when you no longer have something is not to forget.
当你不能再拥有的时候,唯一可以做的就是令自己不要忘记。
To forgive is not to forget, nor remit, but let it go;
to be lonely is not because you have no friends, but no one is living in your heart.
宽恕、原谅并不代表忘记,也不代表赦免,而是放自己一条生路。
孤单不是有没有朋友,而是有没有人住在你心里。
The worst way to miss someone is to be
sitting right beside them knowing you can’t have them.
失去某人,最糟糕的莫过于,他近在身旁,却犹如远在天边。
To keep someone around you is not love; love is to let the one you love go freely.
不是把对方留在自己身边才叫爱,能放手让所爱的人离开,也是爱的一种。
During the whole life, you will regret for two things:
one is that you don’t get the one you love and the other is the one you love is not happy.
人的一生,有两种遗憾最折磨人:一是得不到你心爱的人;二是心爱的人得不到幸福。
Don’t cry because it is over, smile because it happened.
不要因为结束而哭泣,微笑吧,为你的曾经拥有。
浏览量:2
下载量:0
时间:
英语美文,不仅能够感受语言之美,大量的阅读积累是中学生写好作文的基础和保证。下面读文网小编为大家带来高中英语美文欣赏,希望大家喜欢!
Our tolerating ability is indeed way beyond our imagination. But not until the very critical moment will we realize our potential tolerating ability.
人的承受能力,其实远远超出我们的想象。但是不到关键时刻,我们很少能够意识自己的潜力。
There was a woman in the countryside who got married at the age of 18 and had to escape with her two daughters and a son wherever she could at the age of 26 due to the Japanese army’s invasion. Many people in the village at that time could not bear the suffering of being a fugitive and wanted to commit suicide. After she knew about it, she would come to those people and soothed them by saying, “Don’t do that silly thing. There are no such setbacks that we could not overcome. The Japanese armies are bound to be foiled one day!”
有一位农村妇女,18岁结婚,26岁时日本人侵略中国,在农村进行大扫荡,她不得不经常带着两个女儿一个儿子东躲西藏。村里很多人受不了这种暗无天日的折磨,想到了自尽,她得知后就会去劝:“别这样啊,没有过不去的坎,日本鬼子不会总这么猖狂的。”
Finally she insisted until the day when all the Japanese armies were kicked out of China. Nonetheless, her son died of disease without sufficient medicine and nutrition in those days of hardships. Her husband, after knowing the death of his son, lay in bed for two days without eating and drinking anything. She teared to her husband and said, “We have a tough destiny, but however tough our lives will be, we should also persist. Though our son has passed away, we can have another. There are no such setbacks that we could not overcome.”
她终于熬到了把鬼子赶出中国的那一天,可是她的儿子却在那炮火连天的岁月里,由于缺医少药,又极度缺乏营养,因病夭折了。丈夫不吃不喝在床上躺了两天两夜,她流着泪对丈夫说:“咱们的命苦啊,不过再苦咱也得过啊,儿子没了,咱再生一个,人生没有过不去的坎。”
After giving birth to the second son, her husband died of edema, which almost blew her away. But eventually, she recovered and cuddled the three young children, saying, “My sweet hearts, don’t feel scared. You still have me, your dear mum!”
刚刚生了儿子,丈夫因患水肿病离开了人世。在这个打击下,她很长时间都没回过神来,但最后还是挺过来了,她把三个未成年的孩子揽到自己怀里,说:“娘还在呢,有娘在,你们就别怕。”
It took her painstaking efforts to raise her children up and the life of her family was getting better and better. Two daughters were married and so was his son finally. She said to everyone she met, “Look! What I said is absolutely right. There are no such setbacks that we could not overcome! My life is so happy now!” She was aging gradually and could not do the farm work any more. So she stayed at home and did some stitching work.
她含辛茹苦地把孩子一个个拉扯大了,生活也慢慢好转起来。两个女儿嫁了人,儿子也结了婚。她逢人便乐呵呵地说:“我说吧,没有过不去的坎,现在生活多好啊。”她年纪大了,不能下地干活,就在家纳鞋底,做衣服,缝缝补补。
Nevertheless, the Heaven seemed to show no affection to her who had undergone a rough life. She got her leg broken accidentally when she was nursing her grandson. Due to her old age that posed a great risk to her operation, she did not receive operation and had to lie in bed all day long. Her children all cried heavily, while she merely said, “Why do you cry? I am still living.”
可是,上苍似乎并不眷顾这位一生坎坷的妇女,她在照看孙子时不小心摔断了腿,由于年纪太大做手术危险,就一直没有做手术,她每天只能躺在床上。儿女们都哭了,她却说:“哭什么,我还活着呢。”
Even though she could not rise from bed, she did not complain about anything and
anybody. Instead, she sat on the bed and did some stitching work. She had learnt
scarves-weaving, broidery, crafts-making, etc. All her neighbors spoke highly of her skills and came to learn from her.
即便下不了床,她也没有怨天尤人,而是坐在床上做针线活。她会织围巾,会绣花,会编手工艺品,左邻右舍的人都夸她手艺好,还来跟她学艺。
She lived until 86. Before she went to Heaven, she said to her children, “You
all should live to your best. There are no such setbacks that we could not overcome!”
她活到86岁,临终前,她对自己儿女们说:“都要好好过啊,没有过不去的坎。”
We will only get to realize our own iron will and strong tolerating ability after getting stricken heavily. Therefore, no matter what you are suffering from now, do not merely complain about the unfairness of our destiny and maintain low-spirited all the time. There are no such setbacks that we could not overcome. Only those who have no confidence and courage to overcome setbacks will be defeated at last!
人总是在遭遇一次重创之后,才会幡然醒悟,重新认识自己的坚强和坚忍。所以,无论你正在遭遇什么磨难,都不要一味抱怨上苍不公平,甚至从此一蹶不振。人生没有过不去的坎,只有过不去的人。
浏览量:2
下载量:0
时间:
人生哲理是关于人生的根本的原理和智慧,阅读哲理美文能够在阅读之后,感同身受,感悟人生道理。下面读文网小编为大家带来哲理英语美文摘抄欣赏,欢迎大家阅读!
We sat, as always, front and center, four rows from the stage so we could have that all-important perfect view of our son performing. And, of course, so I could get ideal photos of the concert.
像往常一般,我们坐在前排靠中间的座位上,和舞台隔着四排座位,这样我们就能完美捕捉到儿子表演时所有的重点。当然,我因此也能拍到这场音乐会的理想照片。
It was late May. My wife and I sat there feeling rather sentimental, thinking the same things but sitting quietly, keeping thoughts to ourselves. This was our youngest's last high school concert-and to our sad 1)disbelief it was also ours.
当时正值五月末,我和妻子坐在那儿,感觉很伤感。我们想着同样的东西,却都安静地坐着暗自思忖。这是我们小儿子念高中的最后一场音乐会……我们不禁感伤,真难以置信,这也是我们最后一次参与孩子在学校的汇报表演了。
Lucky to Be SadWhere had the time gone? Just yesterday, he'd been sitting next to us, watching first his sister, then his older brother perform in some music or sporting event. Now we were watching our youngest, a senior in high school, nearing graduation.
时间都溜到哪儿去了?就在昨天,他一直挨着我们坐,先是看他姐姐,而后是看他哥哥参加音乐演出或是运动赛事。现在,我们看着最小的孩子,已经在念高三,临近毕业了。
Mamaroneck High School has a wonderful ritual each year: to conclude the annual spring concert by honoring the graduating seniors, calling them each to the stage with a few words about their experience and where they are each heading off to next. College! My wife and I sat there quietly; proud, beaming, but misty-eyed.
马马罗内克高中每年都有这么个极好的仪式惯例:在年度春季音乐会的最后向高三毕业生致敬,让他们逐一上台简单讲讲体会和未来目标。大学!我和妻子静静地坐在那儿,感到自豪、欣喜,却泪眼朦胧。
We were sad.
我们感到悲伤。
As we walked out of the auditorium looking for our son, we saw him standing with his closest friends, arm in arm, posing for the parent photos. He came over to us; we hugged as we always do after a concert, telling him how proud we were, how awesome he was. But we noticed that he was having a bit of a tough time. He had tears in his eyes.
当我们走出礼堂寻找我们的儿子时,我们看见他和他的密友手挽着手站在一起,正儿八经地在合照。他向我们走来。我们一如往常地在音乐会结束后,习惯性地拥抱了一下,然后告诉他,我们感到多么自豪,他是多么的棒。但我们注意到,他当时感到有点难受,眼里含着泪水。
We asked if he was OK. He looked at us, holding back tears, and said, "I just can't believe it's over. It's really sad."
我们问他是否还好。他抑制住泪水看着我们,说道:"我只是无法相信高中生活就这么结束了。真让人难过。"
I looked at my son, proud he was comfortable showing his emotions amongst his friends who were also clearly choked up. And I remembered the words I said to my wife a few years earlier: "You're lucky to be sad."
我看着我的儿子,很自豪于看到他能在显然已哽咽的朋友们面前安然地流露自己的感情。我记得在早几年前,我对妻子说过的那些话:"能感到悲伤是件幸运的事。"
I looked at Rob and reminded him, "You've had a special time; you've made so many good close friends. You are lucky to have had the kind of time that you will truly miss." He nodded.
我看着罗布,提醒他说:"你拥有过一段特别的时光,交了这么多的密友,能经历过这段往后会真心怀念的时光,你是幸运的。"他点点头。
When it comes to family, my wife and I, like many of our close friends, have looked at things a bit differently from other parents. Over the years, when it was time to send our kids off to camp or college, there would be those who'd say, "Lucky you—you must be so relieved. You have your freedom!" We'd see parents high-fiving each other as the buses drove away, several muttering to themselves, "Finally, they are gone."
谈及家庭,我和妻子与咱们的许多密友一般,有着跟其他父母不太一样的看法。过去这些年里,每到要送孩子去野营或上大学的时候,总有些人会说:"你真幸运……你肯定一下子轻松了不少。你自由啦!"当公交车载着孩子离开时,我们会看见一些父母相互欢欣击掌,有些还会喃喃自语道:"他们终于走了。"
We never understood them. We would sit in the car driving home quietly but clearly a bit depressed. We'd wonder if we were strange to not be seeing the separation as some parentally liberating event. We decided we weren't strange at all, just lucky. To have kids we preferred being with, children we would miss.
我一直都没有弄懂他们。我们会坐在车里,静静地把车开回家,但明显感觉到有些沮丧。我们也曾怀疑自己是否有些奇怪,因为我们没有将分离视为从父母重责中"解放"出来的时机。 后来我们觉得自己其实一点也不奇怪,反而是很幸运。我们拥有的这群子女,是我们喜欢相伴身旁,会想念记挂的子女。
It was three years ago, nearly to the day. Our middle child was walking through the processional as Mamaroneck High School celebrated its graduating seniors. It was a perfect day and there we were, my wife and I, applauding, cheering and then, as always, photographing Will and all his friends as they left the high school field.
三年前,差不多是这个时候,马马罗内克高中为其高三毕业生举行庆祝仪式,我们的第二个孩子在列队行进音乐中迈进。那是完美的一天,我和妻子都在现场鼓掌、欢呼,并且接下来如往常一般,为将要结束高中生活的维尔和他的朋友们拍照。
Our son was off to a graduation party and would meet us later. My wife and I sat in the car at the stop light, waiting to pull out of the high school parking lot. I remember the moment vividly. With a lump in my throat, I looked over to my wife, and she was sitting there with tears in her eyes. "I'll be OK," she said. "I'm going to miss him so much. It's just so sad."
我们的儿子去参加毕业派对了,迟些再和我们汇合。我和妻子坐在车里,等着绿灯亮就把车开出高中校园的停车场。我还清晰地记得那一刻。我的喉咙哽住了,我看了看妻子,她正坐在那儿,满眼是泪。"我会没事的,"她说,"我会很想念他的。只是感到很难过。"
That's when I first had the thought—we are lucky to be sad.
那次是我第一次有了这种想法——能感到悲伤对于我们来说是件幸运的事。
OK. So my wife and I are a bit on the sappy side. But the truth is we have cherished our home-life, watching our kids grow up, being a part of their lives. I suppose that if it hadn't been so sweet, if we hadn't had year after year of times we would miss, we'd be driving away from the school high-fiving each other.
好吧。这样看来,我和妻子是有些多愁善感。但事实是,我们珍惜我们的家庭生活——看着我们的孩子们长大,成为他们生命中的一部分。我想,如果之前相伴度过的日子不是那么甜蜜,如果我们不曾拥有让人怀念的这些年月,我们夫妻俩也许就会欢欣击掌,畅快地开车离开学校。
Several years before Will's graduation I drove my daughter to college for the first time. Not just any college. My college. What a mix of emotions that was-reliving the times I'd had, sharing the stories on the long drive to Ithaca, hoping she wouldn't do the things I'd done, wondering how I'd feel making the long drive home alone.
威尔毕业前的几年前,我第一次开车载着女儿去上大学。不只是随随便便的某所大学,而是我毕业的大学。那是一种多么复杂的情绪——我重新体验了一番那些曾度过的时光,在前往伊萨卡镇的长途行驶中和女儿分享一个个故事,希望她不会重蹈我的覆辙,同时也好奇自己将怀着一种怎样的感受独自长途开车回家。
We arrived, managed through the orientations, met the roommate's family and helped set up the freshman dorm room. Before I knew it, it was time to leave.
我们到了,参加了新生介绍会,见了室友的家人,还帮着布置了大一新生宿舍。不知不觉就已经到了要离开的时候了。
Jen walked me to the car. It was just the two of us. I looked her in the eyes, reminded her of all the fun she would have, all the care she needed to take, how much I loved her and how much we would all miss her. I will never forget this moment and how tough it was-for me, that is.
珍陪我一块走到车那头。只有我们两个人。我直视着她的眼,提醒她所有她将收获的乐趣,所有她需要当心的事,以及我多么爱她,我们所有人都会多么想念她。我将永不会忘记那一刻,对我来说,当时我是如此难 受……
She walked away through the parking lot, joined her roommate, and proceeded down the lower quad toward the incoming freshman gathering. I stood by the car just watching her cross the field, years of memories rushing through my mind, with disbelief that she was eighteen, with an ache in my stomach that she was really heading off on her own.
她走了,穿过停车场,跟室友碰头,一起继续往前走,经过地势低一些的方院,走向即将开始的新生集会。我站在车旁,就看着她走过那块地方——我的脑子里涌现出多年来的种种回忆,我不敢相信她已十八岁了。想到她真的要独自前行,我感觉内心隐隐作痛。
I decided I would watch her walk until I lost her in the crowd and then I would head home. It was just at the moment I was about to turn, when she did. Jennie stopped, turned from far across the quad where she was about to enter the crowd. She put her hand up in the air and waved to me.
我决定看着她走,直到她走消失在人群当中,然后我才回家。就在我准备转身的那刻,珍停下了脚步,远远地在那个方院里,在她准备走入人群中的那个地方,转过了身。她把手举在空中,向我挥手。
I will never forget that wave, and you know what, nor will she.
我永远不会忘记那次的挥手,你知道吗,她也永远不会忘记的。
To this day, we wave to each other every time we head off in different directions.
直到今天,每次当我们前往不同的方向,我们总会相互挥手。
And every time I see that wave, I realize how lucky we've all been to have had the times we've had and to be the close family we've become.
而每一次当我看见那挥手时,我意识到我们实在太幸运了,能拥有曾度过的这些时光,能成为如此亲密的家人。
Next week, our young Rob graduates from Mamaroneck High School. We will be sad. But we know how lucky we are to feel the way we do.
下周,我们的小罗比将从马马罗内克高中毕业。我们会感到悲伤。但我们知道,能拥有如此的感受,我们是多么的幸运。
浏览量:2
下载量:0
时间:
爱情是人与人之间的强烈的依恋、亲近、向往,以及无私专一并且无所不尽其心的情感。阅读爱情英语美文,感悟爱情的美好,下面读文网小编为大家带来爱情英语美文双语欣赏,欢迎大家阅读!
It hurts to love someone and not be loved in return. But what is more painful is to love someone and never find the courage to let that person know how you feel.
只有付出的爱是痛苦的,但比这更痛苦是爱一个人却没有勇气让那人知道你的感情。
A sad thing in life is when you meet someone who means a lot to you,only to find out in the end that it was never meant to be and you just have to let go.
生命中令人悲伤的一件事是你遇到了一个对你来说很重要的人,但却最终发现你们有缘无份,因此你不得不放手。
The best kind of friend is the kind you can sit on a porch swing with,never say a word,and then walk away feeling like it was the best conversation you've ever had.
最好的朋友就是那种能和你促膝而坐,彼此不说只字片语,分别时却感到这是你有过的最好的一次交流!
It's true that we don't know what we've got until we lose it, but it's also true that we don't know what we've been losing until it arrives.
的确只有当我们失去时才知道曾拥有的是什么,同样,只有当我们拥有了才知道曾经失去了什么。
It takes only a minute to get a crush on someone,an hour to like someone,and a day to love someone- but it takes a lifetime to forget someone.
迷上某人只需一分钟,喜欢上某人需要一小时,爱上某人则要一天,然而,忘记某人却是一辈子的事情。
Don't go for looks;they can deceive. Don't go for wealth;even that fades away. Go for someone who makes you smile because it takes only a smile to make a dark day seem bright.
别倾心于容貌,因为它具有欺骗性,也别倾心于财富,它也会消散,倾心于那个能带给你笑容的人吧,因为一个笑容能使漫漫长夜如白昼般明亮。
浏览量:3
下载量:0
时间:
阅读英语美文能够提高阅读水平,更能够让人感悟人生哲理。下面读文网小编为大家带来哲理英语美文欣赏,欢迎大家阅读!
The fountains mingle with the river; And the rivers with the ocean,
泉水流入江河江河与海洋汇聚,
The winds of heaven mix forever with a sweet emotion;
空中的清风彼此吹拂满怀着柔情蜜意。
Nothing in the world is single. All things by a law divine
世上万物都不会形单影只,而是遵循着一条神圣规律
In one another's being mingle. Why not I with you?
将彼此的生命连在一起为什么你我生命不能如此?
See the mountains kiss high heaven. And the waves clasp one another;
看!山峰亲吻着天空,海浪也相互偎依,
No sister-flower would be forgiven. If it disdained its brother:
姐妹花将得不到谅解如果她瞧不起她的兄弟
And the sunlight clasp the earth. And the moonbeams kiss the sea
阳光拥抱大地,月华与海浪亲昵
What are all these kissings worth? If you kiss not me?
如果你不吻我,这一切又有什么意义?
浏览量:2
下载量:0
时间:
阅读英语美文能够提高阅读水平,更能够让人感悟人生哲理。下面读文网小编为大家带来晨读哲理美文欣赏,欢迎大家阅读!
I'll give you some advice about life: Eat more roughage;
给你一些生活的忠告:多吃些粗粮;
Do more than others expect you to do and take pains to do it;
给别人比他们期望的更多,并用心去做;
Remember what life tells you; Don't take to heart every thing you hear
熟记生活告诉你的一切不要轻信你听到的每件事;
Don't spend all that you have; Don't sleep as long as you want;
不要花光你的所有;不要想睡多久就睡多久;
Whenever you say"I love you",please say it honestly;
无论何时说"我爱你",请真心实意;
Whenever you say"I'm sorry",please look into the other person's eyes;
无论何时说"对不起",请看着对方的眼睛;
Never judge people by their appearance;
永远不要以貌取人;
When someone asks you a question you don't want to answer smile and say,
当别人问你不想回答的问题时,笑着说:
"Why do you want to know?"
"你为什么想知道?"
Call your mother on the phone.If you can't,you may think of her in your heart
给妈妈打电话,如果不行,至少在心里想着她;
If you fail,don't forget to learn your lesson;
如果你失败了,千万别忘了汲取教训;
Remember the three'respects'.Respect yourself,respect others,
记住三个"尊重":尊重你自己;尊重别人;
stand on dignity and pay attention to your behavior;
保持尊严,对自己的行为负责;
Don't let a little dispute break up a great friendship;
不要让小小的争端损毁了一场伟大的友谊;
Whenever you find your wrongdoing, be quick with reparation!
无论何时你发现自己做错了,竭尽所能去弥补;动作要快!
Find time for yourself; Remember that silence is golden;
找点时间,单独待会儿;记住:沉默是金;
Read more books and watch less television;
多看点书,少看点电视;
Figure out the meaning of someone's words;
多注意言下之意;
Do the thing you should do; Remember,not all the best harvest is luck
做自己该做的事;记住有时候,不是最好的收获也是一种好运。
浏览量:2
下载量:0
时间:
晨读可以增长知识,训练朗读技巧,增强英语语感,对于学习英语十分有好处。下面读文网小编为大家带来晨读美文欣赏,欢迎大家阅读!
Baby,it's raining here.
宝贝,外面下着雨。
I sit by the window, listening to the music and missing you.
我坐在窗边,倾听着悠悠的音乐,思念着远方的你。
I hear the voice of rain.It seems as if someone is crying.
我听到了雨滴声,好像谁在哭泣。
When will it stop? Only the alone one can know the mood of the rain.
雨什么时候会停呢?只有孤独的人才能体会它的惆怅。
You took me to the edge of the heaven yesterday.
昨日,你把我带到了天堂的门槛。
But you rob me of my wings today and let me stand on the ground solely.
今日,你却夺去了我的翅膀,让我独自站在地面。
When I see a view of your back,can you listen to my heartfelt prayer?
当我注视你远去的背影时,你是否听到我衷心的祝福?
Your smile is partly hidden and partly visible in the wind.
风中,你的笑容若隐若现。
Closing my eyes,I try to pursue the echoes of your voices.
闭上眼睛,我试着抓取你的回音。
You occupy my every day's dream that tears come to my heart.
每天我都梦见你,这让我心碎。
You are the person whom I shouldn't love.
你是我不该爱上的人。
Although the fate played a joke on me.
可是老天却和我开了那么大的玩笑。
If there were a green possibility
如果有可能
which is able to twist the dark finale,
扭转这悲惨的结局,
I'd like to dye it red with all my blood
我愿意用鲜血换取这样的可能,
and change all my life for your transitory hug.
用我的生命换取你短暂的拥抱。
In autumn the leaves change from green to brown.
秋天,绿叶枯黄了。
Thousands of the little white dandelion seeds
成千上万的蒲公英种子
are all swaying to the light wind.
在微风中舞动。
The alone swing can do nothing but wait in the park.
孤寂的秋千只能在公园里等。
浏览量:2
下载量:0
时间:
晨读有利于提高学生的英语应用能力,是培养良好的英语学习习惯的有效途径。下面读文网小编为大家带来晨读双语美文欣赏,欢迎大家阅读!
"We are reading the first line of the first chapter of a book
"我们正在读一本书的第一章第一行,
whose pages are infinite..."
这本书的页数是无限的..."
I do not know who wrote those words,
我不知道是谁写的,
but I have always liked them as a reminder
可我很喜欢这句话,它提醒我们
that the future can be anything we want to make it.
未来是由自己创造的。
We can take the mysterious,
我们可以把神秘,
hazy future and carve out of it anything that we can imagine,
不可预知的未来塑造成我们想象中的模样,
just as a sculptor carves a statue from a shapeless stone.
犹如雕刻家将未成形的石头刻成雕像一样。
We are all in the position of the farmer.
我们每个人都像是农夫
If we plant a good seed,we reap a good harvest.
洒下良种将有丰收,
If our seed is poor and full of weeds, we reap a useless crop.
洒下劣种或野草丛生将颗粒无收。
If we plant nothing at all,we harvest nothing at all.
没有耕耘则会一无所获
I want the future to be better than the past.
我希望未来比过去更加美好,
I don't want it contaminated by the mistakes and errors with which history is filled.
希望未来不会沾染历史的错误与过失。
We should all be concerned about the future
我们都应举目向前,
because that is where we will spend the remainder of our lives.
因我们的一生要用未来书写。
The past is gone and static.Nothing we can do will change it.
往昔已逝,静如止水;我们无法再做改变。
The future is before us and dynamic. Everything we do will affect it.
而前方的未来正生气勃勃;我们所做的每一件事都将会影响着它。
Each day brings with it new frontiers,
每天我们的面前都会展现出新的天地,
in our homes and in our business,if we only recognize them.
无论是在家中还是在工作上,只要我们能认识到这一点。
We are just at the beginning of the progress
我们正站在进步的起跑点。
in every field of human endeavor.
在人类致力开拓的每一片领域上。
浏览量:2
下载量:0
时间:
早读是培养良好的英语学习习惯的有效途径,早上读点英语美文更能很好地提高阅读语感。下面读文网小编为大家带来早读英语美文欣赏,欢迎大家阅读!
To the punctual means to do what you should do on time.
守时的意思是准时去做你该做的事。
A punctual person is never late for his appointments,
一个守时的人有按时做事的习惯,约会从来不会迟到。
which is especially important in the current fast- developing society.
这一点在目前这个高速发展的社会中尤其重要。
To workers,time is money.To students, time is knowledge.
对工人来说,时间就是产品;对学生来说,时间就是知识。
Therefore punctua- lity is of great importance for every one of us.
所以,守时对我们每个人都很重要。
A punctual person always cherishes his own time and seldom complains.
一个守时的人通常很珍惜自己的时间,很少抱怨。
However, an unpunctual man is always wasting his time
然而,一个不守时的人通常浪费自己的时间,
and complaining that he finds no time to answer letters,
还常抱怨没有时间复信
return calls or keep appointments on time
没有时间回电话或准时赴约。
He never does what he had to do at the proper time.
他从来都不在适当的时间做应该做的事。
Surely everyone wants to be a punctual person
当然每个人都想成为守时的人,
but it is actually not easy.
但实际上做起来并不容易。
To do this one should learn to keep every appointment promptly
为了做到这一点我们应该学会准时赴约,
and deal with every piece of work as quickly as one can.
尽快地处理每一项工作
Let's try to be punctual and keep this in mind:
让我们努力做到守时,把这记在心里:
a man who is known to be habitually unpunctual
一个时常不守时的人
is never trusted by his friends or colleagues.
不会得到朋友和同事的信任。
浏览量:2
下载量:0
时间:
阅读晨读美文,是一种很好的学习英语的方法。下面是读文网小编为大家带来晨读英语美文欣赏,希望大家喜欢!
When in the Course of human events,
it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands
which have connected them with another,
and to assume among the powers of the earth,
the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them,
a decent respect to the opinions of mankind
requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal,
that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights,
that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.
—That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men,
deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed,
—That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends,
it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it,
and to institute new Government,
laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form,
as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness.
Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established
should not be changed for light and transient causes;
and accordingly all experience has shown,
that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable,
than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed.
But when a long train of abuses and usurpations,
pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them
under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty,
to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.
—Such has been the patient sufferance of these Colonies;
and such is now the necessity which constrains them to alter their former Systems of Government.
The history of the present King of Great Britain [George III]
is a history of repeated injuries and usurpations,
all having in direct object the establishment of an absolute Tyranny over these States.
To prove this, let Facts be submitted to a candid world.
浏览量:2
下载量:0
时间:
英语晨读,是备考复习英语六级的一种学习方法。下面是读文网小编为大家带来英语六级晨读美文欣赏,欢迎大家阅读!
If somebody tells you,“ I’ll love you for ever,” will you believe it?
I don’t think there’s any reason not to.
We are ready to believe such commitment at the moment,
whatever change may happen afterwards.
As for the belief in an everlasting love, that’s another thing.
Then you may be asked whether there is such a thing as an everlasting love.
I’d answer I believe in it, but an everlasting love is not immutable.
You may unswervingly love or be loved by a person.
But love will change its composition with the passage of time.
It will not remain the same.
In the course of your growth and as a result of your increased experience,
love will become something different to you.
In the beginning you believed a fervent love for a person could last definitely.
By and by, however, “fervent” gave way to “prosaic”.
Precisely because of this change it became possible for love to last.
Then what was meant by an everlasting love would eventually end up in a sort of interdependence.
We used to insist on the difference between love and liking.
The former seemed much more beautiful than the latter.
One day, however, it turns out there’s really no need to make such difference.
Liking is actually a sort of love.
By the same token, the everlasting interdependence is actually an everlasting love.
I wish I could believe there was somebody who would love me for ever.
That’s, as we all know, too romantic to be true.
Instead, it will more often than not be a case of lasting relationship.
浏览量:2
下载量:0
时间:
只要坚持每天英语晨读,相信你的英语阅读水平会得到很好的提升。下面是读文网小编为大家带来经典晨读英语美文欣赏,欢迎大家阅读!
Night has fallen over the country.
Through the trees rises the red moon and the stars are scarcely seen.
In the vast shadow of night, the coolness and the dews descend.
I sit at the open window to enjoy them; and hear only the voice of the summer wind.
Like black hulks, the shadows of the great trees ride at anchor on the billowy sea of grass.
I cannot see the red and blue flowers, but I know that they are there.
Far away in the meadow gleams the silver Charles.
The tramp of horses' hoofs sounds from the wooden bridge.
Then all is still save the continuous wind or the sound of the neighboring sea.
The village clock strikes; and I feel that I am not alone.
How different it is in the city!
It is late, and the crowd is gone.
You step out upon the balcony, and lie in the very bosom of the cool,
dewy night as if you folded her garments about you.
Beneath lies the public walk with trees, like a fathomless, black gulf.
The lamps are still burning up and down the long street.
People go by with grotesque shadows, now foreshortened,
and now lengthening away into the darkness and vanishing,
while a new one springs up behind the walker,
and seems to pass him revolving like the sail of a windmill.
The iron gates of the park shut with a jangling clang.
There are footsteps and loud voices; —a tumult; —a drunken brawl; —an alarm of fire; —then silence again.
And now at length the city is asleep, and we can see the night.
The belated moon looks over the roofs, and finds no one to welcome her.
The moonlight is broken.
It lies here and there in the squares and the opening of the streets
—angular like blocks of white marble.
经典晨读英语美文相关
浏览量:2
下载量:0
时间:
坚持每天的英语晨读对于提升英语阅读能力十分有用,下面读文网小编为大家带来晨读英文美文欣赏,欢迎阅读欣赏!
Wherever you are, and whoever you may be,
there is one thing in which you and I are
just alike,at this moment, and in all the moments
of our existence.We are not at rest;
we are on a journey. Our life is not a mere fact;
it is a movement, a tendency, a steady,
ceaseless progress towards an unseen goal.
We are gaining something, or losing something, every day.
Even when our position and our character seem to
remain precisely the same, they are changing.
For the mere advance of time is a change.
It is not the same thing to have a bare field
in January and in July. The season makes the difference.
The limitations that are childlike in the child are childish
in the man.Everything that we do is a step
in one direction or another. Even the failure to do something
is in itself a deed. It sets us forward or backward.
The action of the negative pole of a magnetic needle is
just as real as the action of the positive pole.
To decline is to accept — the other alternative.
Are you nearer to your port today than you were yesterday?
Yes, — you must be a little nearer to some port or other;
for since your ship was first launched upon
the sea of life you have never been still
for a single moment; the sea is too deep,
you could not find an anchorage if you would;
there can be no pause until you come into port.
浏览量:2
下载量:0
时间:
坚持每天的英语晨读对于提升英语阅读能力十分有用,下面读文网小编为大家带来晨读励志英语美文,欢迎阅读欣赏!
However mean your life is, meet it and live it;
do not shun it and call it hard names.
It is not so bad as you are. It looks poorest
when you are richest. The fault-finder will
find faults in paradise. Love your life, poor as it is.
You may perhaps have some pleasant, thrilling,
glorious hours, even in a poor house. The setting sun
is reflected from the windows of the almshouse
as brightly as from the rich man’s abode;
the snow melts before its door as early in the spring.
I do not see but a quiet mind may live as contentedly there,
and have as cheering thoughts, as in a palace.
The town’s poor seem to me often to live
the most independent lives of any. Maybe they are simply
great enough to receive without misgiving. Most think that
they are above being supported by the town;
but it often happens that they are not above
supporting themselves by dishonest means,
which should be more disreputable. Cultivate poverty
like a garden herb, like sage. Do not trouble yourself much
to get new things, whether clothes or friends.
Turn the old; return to them. Things do not change; we change.
Sell your clothes and keep your thoughts.
浏览量:3
下载量:0
时间:
晨读是提升高中英语阅读能力的学习方法,下面读文网小编为大家带来英语经典晨读美文欣赏,欢迎阅读欣赏!
One has the leisure of July for perceiving all the differences of the green of leaves. It is no longer a difference in degrees of maturity, for all the trees have darkened to their final tone, and stand in their differences of character and not of mere date. Almost all the green is grave, not sad and not dull. It has a darkened and a daily colour, in majestic but not obvious harmony with dark grey skies, and might look, to inconstant eyes, as prosaic after spring as eleven o’clock looks after the dawn.
Gravity is the word — not solemnity as towards evening, nor menace as at night. The daylight trees of July are signs of common beauty, common freshness, and a mystery familiar and abiding as night and day. In childhood we all have a more exalted sense of dawn and summer sunrise than we ever fully retain or quite recover; and also a far higher sensibility for April and April evenings — a heartache for them, which in riper years is gradually and irretrievably consoled. But, on the other hand, childhood has so quickly learned to find daily things tedious, and familiar things importunate, that it has no great delight in the mere middle of the day, and feels weariness of the summer that has ceased to change visibly.
The poetry of mere day and of late summer becomes perceptible to mature eyes that have long ceased to be sated, have taken leave of weariness, and cannot now find anything in nature too familiar; eyes which have, indeed, lost sight of the further awe of midsummer daybreak, and no longer see so much of the past in April twilight as they saw when they had no past; but which look freshly at the dailiness of green summer, of early afternoon, of every sky of any form that comes to pass, and of the darkened elms.
浏览量:2
下载量:0
时间:
晨读英语美文更能很好地提高阅读语感,是学习高中英语的良好习惯。下面读文网小编为大家带来高中英语晨读美文欣赏,欢迎大家阅读收藏!
Al Smith was governor of New York States. He was afamous man.
阿尔.史密斯是纽约的州长。他是个名人。
He was born very poor on the East Side of New YorkCity.
他出生在纽约市东部的一个穷苦家庭。
He had little education.He worked very hard and wongreat success.
他读书不多,但是他工作勤奋,终于获得了很大的成就。
One day,as governor, he was visiting the state prison at Sing Sing.
有一天,作为州长,他访问星星州的监狱。
Sing Sing is one of the largest prisons in the United States
星星监狱是全国最大的监狱之一。
The head of the prison
监狱长
asked Mr.Smith to say something to the prisoners.
请史密斯对囚犯们说几句话。
Mr.Smith had never spoken to this kind of audience before.
史密斯先生从来没有对这一类听众讲过话。
He did not know how to begin.
他不知道该怎样开口。
Finally,he said,"My fellow citizens..."
最后,他说:"我亲爱的公民们......"
Then he remembered that when a man goes to prison he is no longer a citizen.
接着他想起一个人蹲进监狱就不再是公民了。
He began again."My fellow prisoners..." That did not sound right,so he said,
他重新开始:"我亲爱的囚犯们......"那听起来也不对劲儿,于是他说:
"Well,anyway,I'm glad to see so many of you here today."
"噢,无论如何,今天在这儿见到你们这么多人真是太高兴了。"
浏览量:3
下载量:0
时间:
在我们遇到困难挫折的时候,我们需要阅读一些励志的美文鼓励我们前进。下面读文网小编为大家带来励志晨读英语美文,欢迎大家阅读欣赏!
The man who wants a garden fair,
要想有个美丽花园,
Or small or very big.
面积大小姑且不管,
With flowers growing here and there,
只要园中长满鲜花,
Must bend his back and dig.
就必须把汗水挥洒。
The things are mighty few on earth,
有愿望就能实现,
That wishes can attain,
这样的事还真是少见,
Whatever we want of any worth,
只要想要的东西有价值,
We’ve got to work to gain.
就得靠努力去创造。
It matters not what goal you seek,
目标是什么并不重要,
Its secret here reposes(依靠,信赖):
秘诀终归只有一条:
You’ve got to dig from week to week,
周复一周不怕劳累,
To get results or roses.
才能收获硕果或者玫瑰。
浏览量:3
下载量:0
时间:
有良好的英语阅读习惯更能够提高我们的英语阅读水平,下面读文网小编为大家带来高中英语美文阅读,希望大家喜欢!
It is alway a wonder-ful time to gaze at the beauty ofnature in the morning.
清晨,凝视着大自然的美景,总是美妙的。
It makes our minds become so peaceful and calm
这样会让我们的心变得宁静安然,
that all our worries and sorrows leave us at once.
忧虑和愁苦就会立刻远离我们。
But as residents of the city,
但是作为城市的居民,
we can hardly enjoy nature's morning beauty,
我们很难欣赏大自然的清晨美景,
despite the fact that we rise at dawn.
尽管我们黎明即起。
The morning peaceful atmosphere is in- variably spoiled by the usual city life.
清晨的宁静气氛总是会被惯常的城市生活破坏。
Even before daybreak
甚至在天还未破晓时,
the trams and buses have already begun to disturb the silence.
电车和公共汽车早已打破了寂静。
And the sounds made by the brooms of the street-sweepers are the typical noises
清洁工的扫帚声是典型的噪声,
that jar your ears in the early morning in the streets of a city.
在清晨的城市的街道,它刺激着你的耳朵。
Soon,school children and office workers begin to set off to their destinations.
不久,学生和办公室职员开始动身到他们的目的地去。
The streets are jammed by pubic vehicles and motorcars.
街上堵塞着公交车和小汽车,
The roads are all crowded with people of all ranks.
路上挤满了人。
Buses are packed with passengers who are squashed so tightly together
公共汽车里挤满了乘客他们挤得紧紧的,
that they seem to be tinned sardines.
看起来像是装在罐头里的沙丁鱼。
At this hour,the city everywhere is filled with all sorts of noises,
此刻,城市到处都混杂着各种嘈杂声,
adding to the rumbling of trams
再加上电车的隆隆声,
and the honks of the big and small motorcars,commercial vehicles,etc.
大小汽车,货车等等的喇叭声。
It seems the city in the morning
似乎早晨的城市
is like an exodus of all the citizens from their homes.
就像是所有市民从他们家成群结队地走出来。
浏览量:3
下载量:0
时间: